turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

fg022019

I filed my taxes and had both a state and federal refund. However, I had to amend and no refund (or amount owed) appeared. Should I still expect one?

What do I do if I still receive a refund and shouldn't have?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I filed my taxes and had both a state and federal refund. However, I had to amend and no refund (or amount owed) appeared. Should I still expect one?

Your post is confusing ... did you get the original refunds yet ?    You should not amend anything until you have the payments in hand.

Now what did you change in the amendment process ?    Did you try to change the taxable unemployment ?  

fg022019

I have not received the refund yet but assume it is being processed since it was originally approved. I was supposed to file as a dependent under my mom but didn't. It messed up her taxes and I probably won't get the payment until after tax season is over since I requested the check to be mailed. 

Ok ... mom MUST mail in her return even if you amend yours ... she can do so NOW.

Then when you get the original refund AND the amended program is operational you can amend your return.  It is possible that amending will not change anything especially if your income is under $12,400 and you did not get the stimulus credit on line 30 of the form 1040  but you must send in the amendment eventually.   Make sure to undo any changes on your return BEFORE you start the amendment process. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies