Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

smokeyr17

I filed my taxes 1 month ago and still havent received them

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
Heather14

You will need to track your tax return to see where it is in the IRS system in regard to being fully processed and any refund approved or sent.  

TurboTax tracks whether your tax return as been accepted or rejected, and gives an estimate on when you can expect to receive your tax refund.  Please see the following TurboTax FAQ for information on tracking your federal refund:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288568

To determine the exact status of  your state tax refund, you will need to track your refund by clicking your state below for tax refund lookup instructions.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300211

I’m having the same issue. Filed a month ago. My federal is nowhere to be found. I checked on the IRS page, nothing. State pulled their money out of my account. I cannot get ahold of a live person. I have confirmation emails for both state and federal that my return was accepted. I’ve never had an issue with turbo tax. Definitely reconsidering a live person next year. 

@Perigo84    wrote:

I’m having the same issue. Filed a month ago. My federal is nowhere to be found. I checked on the IRS page, nothing. State pulled their money out of my account. I cannot get ahold of a live person. I have confirmation emails for both state and federal that my return was accepted. I’ve never had an issue with turbo tax. Definitely reconsidering a live person next year. 

The IRS WMR tool can be squirrely at times.

If you used Online TurboTax, log in to your Online TurboTax account and confirm at the Tax Home that your efiled return was accepted.

When using the IRS WMR tool, be sure you enter the correct SSN and filing status.
https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

Use only the Federal refund amount.  Do not use any combined total refund figure that includes the state refund.

Look at your actual 2019 return to get the Federal refund amount.  Be sure you are using what is displayed on your Federal Form 1040, Line 21a for the Federal refund amount.

And if you are paying your TurboTax fees out of the Federal refund, use the Federal amount without regard to the fee subtraction; i.e., the amount before any fees are subtracted.

You can also try phoning the IRS refund hotline.  I've seen it work for some users before when the WMR tool didn't.

800-829-1954

I’ve called this number and it says the same thing the website WMR tool says, “your refund is still being processed” but i got an email a month ago saying my refund was accepted and it says here that my refund was accepted. I literally can’t get a hold of a person from the IRS, I’ve even called to make an in person appointment and no matter what I end up getting to a menu that just hangs up on me.

@suziekuespert wrote:

I’ve called this number and it says the same thing the website WMR tool says, “your refund is still being processed” but i got an email a month ago saying my refund was accepted and it says here that my refund was accepted. I literally can’t get a hold of a person from the IRS, I’ve even called to make an in person appointment and no matter what I end up getting to a menu that just hangs up on me.

"Accepted" in an email or at the TurboTax Tax Home page refers to the efile status only.  It means the IRS received the efiled return and agreed to begin processing it.   Once accepted, your TurboTax account will always say "accepted".  It does not get any updates from the IRS as it moves through processing at the IRS.

If the IRS WMR tool says "Still being processed" , that means your return is taking longer than expected as it moves through the stages.  They may be looking at something a little more closely because of a specific issue with the return, although some returns are pulled at random for more processing.  It "could" mean there could be further delay in your refund, but it's hard to predict.  Only the IRS knows for sure what all they doing with your return.   Sometimes they could be sending a letter asking for more info or for ID verification.

This IRS FAQ gives some situations where it might take longer than 21 days:
https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

I know you've tried to speak to the IRS, but were you following the steps below to reach a live agent?  

If the IRS tool says it is still being processed, and if it's been longer than 21 days since an efiled return was accepted, here's how to reach a live IRS agent to inquire about the delay.  They are going to be even harder r to reach right now due to the Pandemic, tax season, Stimulus 2, and now questions people have about the upcoming Stimulus 3.

IRS:  800-829-1040 (7AM-7 PM local time) Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do not choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

• First choose your language.  Then listen to each menu before making the selection.
  • Then press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions." 
  • It may then ask for your SSN, but do not enter it.  Just wait.    If it asks for SSN a second time, still do not enter it.
  • Then it will get "tired", and you'll get another menu.  Choose 2 for "personal".
  • Then in the next menu choose 4 for "all other inquiries", and it should transfer you to an agent but expect a long wait.
  • I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.

That makes more sense about the accepted status. I’ve tried those steps a few times, every time I get to the end it says something like “nobody is available to take your call” and hangs up no matter what time of day I try to call :( 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies