turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Kenmillz215
Returning Member

I file2020 tax refund with TT e-file I on June 16th it was accepted .On Aug 28th turbotax tried to deduct the money without my refund . What now .yr later no refund yet!

And the government has no record of the efile
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

I file2020 tax refund with TT e-file I on June 16th it was accepted .On Aug 28th turbotax tried to deduct the money without my refund . What now .yr later no refund yet!

See this TurboTax support FAQ for payment of the TurboTax online account fees - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/intuit-account-billing/bank-account-auto...

The IRS is taking from 6 to 9 months or longer to process a 2021 tax return.

Go to this IRS website for the status of filed tax returns - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

As of August 12, 2022, we had 9.3 million unprocessed individual returns received in calendar year 2022. These include tax year 2021 returns and late filed tax year 2020 and prior returns. Of these, 1.7 million returns require error correction or other special handling, and 7.6 million are paper returns waiting to be reviewed and processed. This work does not typically require us to correspond with taxpayers but does require special handling by an IRS employee so, in these instances, it is taking the IRS more than 21 days to issue any related refund and in some cases this work could take more than 120 days. If a correction is made to any Recovery Rebate Credit, Child Tax Credit, Earned Income Tax Credit or Additional Child Tax Credit claimed on the return, the IRS will send taxpayers an explanation. Taxpayers are encouraged to continue to check Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions.

How long you may have to wait: The IRS understands the importance of timely processing of tax returns and refund issuance. We have processed all error free returns received prior to January 2022 and continue to work the returns that need to be manually reviewed due to errors. We are continuing to reroute tax returns and taxpayer correspondence from locations that are behind to locations where more staff is available, and we are taking other actions to minimize any delays. Tax returns are opened and processed in the order received. As the return is processed, whether it was filed electronically or on paper, it may be delayed because it has a mistake including errors concerning the Recovery Rebate Credit and the Child Tax Credit, is missing information, or there is suspected identity theft or fraud. If we can fix it without contacting you, we will. If we need more information or need you to verify that it was you who sent the tax return, we will write you a letter. The resolution of these issues could take more than 120 days depending on how quickly and accurately you respond, and the ability of IRS staff trained and working under social distancing requirements to complete the processing of your return.

What you should do: In most instances, no further action is needed but you may check Where’s My Refund? or you can view your account. If you filed electronically and received an acknowledgement, you do not need to take any further action other than promptly responding to any requests for information. If you filed on paper, check Where’s My Refund? If it tells you we have received your return or are processing or reviewing it, we are processing your return, but it may be under review. If you filed before January 2022 and Where’s My Refund? does not have any information, your return has been opened but work on it has not begun. We’re working hard to get through the carryover inventory. Please don’t file a second tax return or contact the IRS about the status of your return.

@DoninGA   He's asking about 2020 return.

@VolvoGirl wrote:

@DoninGA   He's asking about 2020 return.

Then the OP needs to contact the IRS directly -

You can contact your local IRS office. See this IRS website for local IRS offices - http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-Your-Local-IRS-Office-1 or call 1-844-545-5640 to set up an appointment
Or you may want to contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area. See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

@Kenmillz215 - do you have documentation that the e-file was accepted back on July 16, 2021?  That would be the proof that indeed the IRS accepted your return.  Did you review your 2020 transcript at the IRS website to see if the return is recorded there? 

You state that TT tried to deduct their fees on August 28, 2021, which is their right under the contract you signed with them.  But if they tried to deduct the fees, that means the e--file occured - otherwise, they would not know they were owed the fees.   You state they 'tried' - how do you know ' they tried' and was TT successful? what happened? 

Felipe21

I have the same issue I filed March 23rd 2021 and never received my refund I have all my paperwork on turbo tax it says accepted back in 2021 on the irs website I was able to track it but I can’t anymore and never received my refund 

@Felipe21 wrote:

I have the same issue I filed March 23rd 2021 and never received my refund I have all my paperwork on turbo tax it says accepted back in 2021 on the irs website I was able to track it but I can’t anymore and never received my refund 

You can contact your local IRS office. See this IRS website for local IRS offices - http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-Your-Local-IRS-Office-1 or call 1-844-545-5640 to set up an appointment
Or you may want to contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area. See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

Kenmillz215
Returning Member

Cuz cash app show that they try to deduct the money but there wasn't enough there cuz the refund was not the deposit into the account so they were unable to get their fee

I found that the two tax returns e-Filed by my niece for 2020 and 2021 and processed can no longer be pulled up on the "Where's My Refund?" page at IRS.gov.

The status used to be there.

It's a mystery.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies