turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I e-filed on 1/13/2020 and its been 10 days and its still pending.. how long does it take for it to be received?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I e-filed on 1/13/2020 and its been 10 days and its still pending.. how long does it take for it to be received?

It is pending because the IRS has not officially opened to receive tax returns - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-opens-2020-filing-season-for-individual-filers-on-jan-27

Mine still says pending and isn’t showing up on IRS website. I know others who have filed and theirs is showing up on IRS website that they were received but mine isn’t showing it, it keeps telling me to check my information and try again. 

@kirby29meade wrote:

Mine still says pending and isn’t showing up on IRS website. I know others who have filed and theirs is showing up on IRS website that they were received but mine isn’t showing it, it keeps telling me to check my information and try again. 

Small batches of tax returns are pulled by the IRS for testing the IRS systems.  This happens each tax year.

It is pending because the IRS has not officially opened to receive tax returns - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-opens-2020-filing-season-for-individual-filers-on-jan-27

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies