I didn't use Turbo Tax to do my 2018 tax return. I now need to amend this return with 1040x and want to use Turbo Tax. What is my first step?

To amend a return you did somewhere else, you would first have to fill out Turbo Tax like you are doing the original return and pay for it.  You have to recreate the actual wrong original return.  Then when it matches each line that you really filed you have to tell Turbo Tax you will mail it so it thinks it was filed.  Then you can amend it.

You have to buy the 2018 Desktop program. You need a full Windows or Mac computer to install it on.  Buy the download here   

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

You can recreate the original return using the Forms Mode.  Then say to mail it.  How to amend a Desktop return,

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-do-i-amend-my-return-in-the-turbotax-cd-download...

If you did not use TurboTax to prepare your 2018 return, it is possible to amend the return using TurboTax but it will really be a pain.  It would be better to use the software or service used to file originally.  If a paid preparer made a mistake on your tax return, that tax preparer should do the amended return for you at no charge.

In order to use TurboTax to amend your 2018 return, you need to purchase the desktop software for 2018 and re-create the return EXACTLY as it appeared when it was filed with the IRS/states.  Every line has to be the same.  Then you have to "trick" the software into thinking you filed by saying you will mail the return. (but do not mail it)   AFTER that, you use the software to prepare a Form 1040X, which has to be printed, signed and mailed to the IRS.  It takes the IRS about 3-4 months to process an amended return.