turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I checked my refund status, and it says "still being processed a refund date will be provided when available" . Does anybody else have the same still processing message?

Hey all just want you guys know I received my taxes May 1 2019 Remember taxes are released every Friday . Good luck. Your taxes are on it way! If you owe money to the IRS.. It may take a little before they credit you . Because they want their money first don’t give up.
stajames
Returning Member

I checked my refund status, and it says "still being processed a refund date will be provided when available" . Does anybody else have the same still processing message?

Tax return is still processing

@stajames wrote:
Tax return is still processing

If the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool at https://www.irs.gov/Refunds shows it's been processing longer than 21 days, you can phone the IRS to see if you can learn anything.

Here's how to reach a live agent at the IRS:

800-829-1040 (7AM-7 PM local time)

When calling the IRS do not choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

• First choose your language.  Listen to each menu before making the selection.
  • Then press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions."
  • It might transfer you to an agent at that point.   If it doesn't it may ask for your SSN, but do not enter it.  Just wait.    If it asks for SSN a second time, still do not enter it.
  • Then you'll get another menu.  Choose 2 for "personal" then you should be transferred.

I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.

Jane_1021

Well I am a mess! I was laid off a few months ago and have not found solid work yet. I was relying on my refund to get me through. I am now facing eviction, car repo, and every other bill late.. fees and collections!!!! All because of this delay! It’s my money and I shouldn’t have to beg. And now the country can’t conpkain when They have another person needing the broken system and didn’t have to go that route. I’m disgusted at what their lack of care will end up being my fate.
Jane_1021

We sure should have a choice!? I have received my refund every single year with in a reasonable time. This happens to be the year that if I don’t get it with in a few days, I’m facing losing everything. As I was laid off recently. It’s our money!!!! And how dare they assume we just need it to vacation!
Jane_1021

NONSENSE!!! I have been told several things by irs. Run around is what it is. Finally now being told that it’s their fault because things haven’t updated in their systems and taking a long time. They should be ashamed for not only doing this to so many but also, that they are hiding behind these letters and that they can’t gibe any more infortmatkon! I swear I wish I could sue!!! This is costing me my lofe- I was laid off recently and this was going to hold me over. Now I’m in huge financial mess that could have been a avoided.
Jane_1021

I lost my job recently. And now I face evictiona among a huge financial mess because I was relying on my refund to hold me over. I could scream!

If you have a hardship try the Taxpayer Advocate

https://www.irs.gov/advocate/local-taxpayer-advocate

Jane_1021

Thanks. I’m actually already working with one. But! She just so happened to be out for a week and doesn’t work Mondays. So over two weeks just to squirm with someone else. She sounds hopeful. And claims she should know something by tomorrow, but I holding my breath in fear that some other nonsense will come up. I have never in my life had a problem before with taxes. It’s infuriating that I’m losing sleep this year over it.
Jane_1021

By the way- had no idea about tax advocate until at least 6 calls to irs and they finally mention it casually. That in itself is upsetting. Why on earth was this not offered earlier? And why on earth can’t tbey tell us what the issue is so we can fix it? The tax advocate told me thisbis the fault of irs because the updates are taking so long and instead of telling people this is it they are sending letters and refusing to give any further info. Because then they would be screamed at. The advocate was very apologetic on behalf of irs and how wrong it is.
Slimfran
Returning Member

Same here

What is the phone # for the IRS that people are using?  I have looked and cannot find a phone #, except for the local IRS office, which when you call it, it says they do not accept phone calls!  It's been over 3 months since I filed, and the online status just says "we are processing your return".  This is maddening!

@psg559tt 

I'll tell you how to reach a live IRS agent below.   If you can't get good answers from the IRS, I'll also be telling you below how to contact the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service.

It sounds like you chose to pay your product fees out of the Federal refund.    TurboTax would have started billing you to pay in either of the following 2 scenarios:   1) the refund was delayed an unusually long time at the IRS or 2) if the IRS were to reduce a refund to the point where it no longer covered the fees.   

After the refund had been delayed so long, TurboTax would have sent emails with a bill asking to be paid.  Finally, they send an email that they are about to debit your bank account, and if still not responded to by either paying or asking for a deferment of the fees, they go ahead and debit the account.

If a debit from TurboTax for your product fees caused a NSF fee (non-sufficient funds fee), there is an appeal process at TurboTax Support.   Here's how to reach them to tell them your bank account was overdrawn.

Hours are 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern) Monday-Friday.

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263

Is there any clue as to why your Federal refund was delayed when you look at the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool here?   Is there any IRS message there?
https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

Here's how to reach a live agent at the IRS:

800-829-1040 (7AM-7 PM local time)

When calling the IRS do not choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

• First choose your language.  Listen to each menu before making the selection.
  • Then press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions." 
  • It might transfer you to an agent at that point.   If it doesn't it may ask for your SSN, but do not enter it.  Just wait.    If it asks for SSN a second time, still do not enter it.
  • Then you'll get another menu.  Choose 2 for "personal" then you should be transferred.

I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.

If you don't get good info/results from the IRS, you can contact the IRS Taxpayer Advocate for your area.   They are especially prone to help if you have a hardship, or if there have been continued delays with lack of info from the IRS.    At the following IRS website, find the USA map and click on your state, and it will give you the number of your IRS Taxpayer Advocate.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-a-Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

Also see this article for more info on how the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service works::
http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc104.html

@psg559tt @Slimfran 

If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.
Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.
Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
It should then transfer you to an agent.
Or you can contact your local IRS office. See this IRS website for local IRS offices - http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-Your-Local-IRS-Office-1 or call 1-844-545-5640 to set up an appointment
Or you may want to contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area. See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

@psg559tt 

Please ignore the part of my post above that talked about paying fees out of your Federal refund.   That was attached to my pasted answer and did not belong in the answer I was providing you.   And it's not letting me edit it.

Sorry for the confusion.  Please ignore that part of my post.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies