turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

junichi8

I cannot pay TurboTax because I do not have an american credit card. Deduction from refund also does not work as I do not have a US address. How do I pay?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

I cannot pay TurboTax because I do not have an american credit card. Deduction from refund also does not work as I do not have a US address. How do I pay?

You could purchase a CD of the software commercially if available where you reside and download your program onto your computer and then file it.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
junichi8

That's part of the problem. I live in Europe and there is no CD software commercially available. In fact the software is setup to make it difficult for Ex-Pats to file. For example I cannot file without a valid US phone number, which I also do not have. I think they need to make changes to their software, otherwise it's not a solution for Ex-pats who want to file their tax returns.

@junichi8 wrote:

That's part of the problem. I live in Europe and there is no CD software commercially available. In fact the software is setup to make it difficult for Ex-Pats to file. For example I cannot file without a valid US phone number, which I also do not have. I think they need to make changes to their software, otherwise it's not a solution for Ex-pats who want to file their tax returns.

I'm just a fellow user and don't work for TurboTax.  But I have seen some international filers in forum threads who said they asked a trusted relative or trusted friend to use their USA credit card with US billing address info to pay the TurboTax fee.

The IRS instructions for Form 1040 say a phone number is optional.  If you leave it blank and ignore the error message, will it let you get by it to continue to efile?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies