turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I can't download pdfs of my return. Software says is it will be pdf and ask what you want it for loan, irs etc., but then you only get turbotax file.

This years turbo tax is killing me.

I'm trying to print another copy of my state return.  I see the federal under documents, but not the state.  I choose print my return as my question states but I keep getting TurboTax data file even though it tells me to have acrobat reader.

I'm not even sure if its complete now looking at the screen.

I assume this is called turbo tax live.  I usually use the CD, what a mistake.  This is torture.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I can't download pdfs of my return. Software says is it will be pdf and ask what you want it for loan, irs etc., but then you only get turbotax file.

If the Download/print return button on the Tax Home web page cannot be used to print your tax return, then follow this procedure -

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state.  

This will take you back to the 2018 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

View solution in original post

14 Replies

If the Download/print return button on the Tax Home web page cannot be used to print your tax return, then follow this procedure -

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state.  

This will take you back to the 2018 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

What a strange workaround, but worked perfectly, thank you so much. I was getting so frustrated combined with other issues. I'm very disappointed with TurboTax this year with these unacceptable problems.
Anthony
Returning Member

Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets.

This option is not available. I want to print my Federal return as a PDF! I want to review this with a CPA and ask questions. Usually the State return is included. I see now that this is $44 extra. I am not enjoying this at all. I have wasted a ton of time going round and round to find out that I can't download the draft product as a PDF.  This is disappointing.  In terms of your competition  the pencil is winning. The lack of transparency is frustrating. I want to demystify this process not make it worse. The program is helpful. I really liked it before. Maybe the task of complying with the ever changing IRS rules is the main problem. But don't make the program more difficult than it needs to be. Printing a PDF should be EASY, not heartburn.

@Anthony   Using the TurboTax online editions the state program is an additional $44.99.  To print or view a complete online tax return before filing you have to pay the TurboTax online account fees for access.  That is why you are Not seeing the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets.

To pay the TurboTax online account fees by credit card so you can access your prior year online tax returns, click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  On the next page, to pay by credit card, click Pay Now.  On the next screen just click on the Continue button.  The next screen will show a review of your Fees, click on Continue.  Complete the next screen to pay by credit card and click Continue.

TTO Pay Now.JPG

Once the TurboTax online account has been paid the option for viewing/printing the complete tax return will be available in Print Center along with the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

(screen grab is for 2017.  2018 is the same format)

Print Centr 2017.JPG

Dredknot

This solution of paying for the current years tax processing to view previous years returns is beyond preposterous. We have ALREADY paid for that service the prior year.  I smell a very legitimate class action lawsuit coming.

Congrats!!!! You just lost 3 more accounts.  I will never utilize an Intuit product again and will highly recommend others do the same.

@Dredknot wrote:

This solution of paying for the current years tax processing to view previous years returns is beyond preposterous. We have ALREADY paid for that service the prior year.  I smell a very legitimate class action lawsuit coming.

Congrats!!!! You just lost 3 more accounts.  I will never utilize an Intuit product again and will highly recommend others do the same.

What are you talking about? 

For tax year 2019 there is absolutely no requirement to pay for a 2019 online edition to access a prior year online tax return.  If you only used the TurboTax Free online edition for a prior year the only requirement is that you Register the 2019 Free online edition before you can access the prior year online returns.

If you paid for one of the 2018 online editions then you can just download the prior year online tax returns.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for accessing prior year online tax returns - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-access-my-prior-year-return/01/270...

deepak33

I was having the same issue and was told to switch from using Internet Explorer to Google Chrome by Turbo Tax team member. This fixed my problem and allowed me to download the file as PDF. Hope this helps!

Thank you Deepak, I switch to Chrome and it worked! Appreciate it!

dasisme

This problem still exists in 2020 for tax year 2019.  Wasted a ridiculous amount of time trying to get the sucker to print (after paying and filing)  I will be looking at other options next year.  Too bad, really love the ease of turbo tax.

@dasisme wrote:

This problem still exists in 2020 for tax year 2019.  Wasted a ridiculous amount of time trying to get the sucker to print (after paying and filing)  I will be looking at other options next year.  Too bad, really love the ease of turbo tax.

What problem are you referring to?

rawno48
Returning Member

yes I want it for a loan

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

You have the option of either saving a tax file or saving it as a PDF copy under the  Your tax returns & documents section after you have filed your return.  

Please see the attached for more information on how to save your tax return as a PDF.

Printing a copy of your return after e-file

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I want another copy of my state return, and I do not find how to do this.  Help me.

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Help with getting a copy of your return has been provided by clicking here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies