Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I applied for the refund advance and now my return has been accepted, but I haven't received anything regarding the advance.

@Bradest93 congrats on being one of the lucky ones.  I hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions because I'm still trying to figure out why some people get it and some don't.  My original theory about anyone applying and being accepted before the 24th being the ones having the problem has been busted because I've spoken to people who have been accepted prior to 24th that got it and people that were accepted after the 24th who have not gotten it.  

Did you have a CK spend account prior to filing your taxes or create it during?

Did you link an external bank account to your CK account right away?

What service did you pay for? Like did you use the free service? Or pay for the Max? etc.

Did you have a regular Credit Karma account for tracking your credit score prior to filing taxes?

Were you receiving a return from both the federal government and your state? For example I only have a return from federal, my state is 0.

That's about the only questions I can think of that will help me to possibly figure out the cause so that I can at least potentially help people from having this issue and maybe even tell TT how to fix it since they obviously have no clue!

Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated

I applied for the refund advance and now my return has been accepted, but I haven't received anything regarding the advance.

I am beside myself and beyond furious. I applied was approved and IRS accepted my return over 2 days ago. I to would never have used this method if not for the advance. With this outrageous crap of NO ONE knowing anything and execs hiding behind call center employees . I am more than happy to join those in filing formal complaints including fees paid for NOTHING!! I AM A SINGLE MOM AND I TRUSTED BOTH THESE COMPANIES TO STAND BY WHAT THEY SAY AND THEY HAVE LEFT MEWITH OUT A PENNY. It's shameful and needs to be addressed immediately. it's false advertising and deceptive business practice. Someone needs to reach out and provide us answers!

@Pissedmomof5  I was told (via Twitter) that they would contact me directly as well but still nothing. 

@sbooth6727 the sent me a direct message 

@Venissa   I completely agree. I’m in the same boat and we’re the ones struggling not these big corporate executives. They can’t even return the $39 or more that some of us paid to file our taxes with them. I bet they’d be pissed too if they couldn’t provide for their families. 

@Pissedmomof5  Are they looking into it and going to give answers or was their answer the newest of the lies… that the IRS has to “approve it” not just accept it 🙄🙄

@Oconnop1  Yes I had a credit karma spend account prior to filling my taxes. I didn’t link a bank account or anything to my credit karma account. I used the Free service. Even though I still filled out the info myself they had the plus service with live help from a expert for free if you do it before feb 15th I saw. Yes I did have a credit karma account to check my credit score prior as well. I heard they was only giving advances towards your federal return anyways. I’m getting back a little bit on my state taxes but not much. They take the advance out of your federal when they come in. I’m so sorry everyone is having all these problems. Like I said I was skeptical and nervous as heck but everything worked out and I couldn’t be happier and more blessed it did.

heres my comfirmat0BE4D147-EC55-4FB3-BDB0-6BB625E7C0E3.png here is my confirmation email on my loan. I didn’t get nothing before this email either. Not one saying I was accepted or that it went through, nothing. 

@Bradest93 I appreciate the response.  Your situation was almost exactly the same as mine other than I paid for self employed service.  I don't know if we will ever know what happened.  I do know we will all someday be getting a nice check after the class action lawsuits tho 8-)

Hey Turbo Tax... Are you listening? It's my money and I want it now!!! Return accepted on 21st and I'm still SOL. My issue was escalated on Friday. Does that mean anything, I don't know?

If you do a Google search about this you can find complaints going back as far as 3 years on this forum from people saying the EXACT same thing as all of us!!! The only difference is that instead of the "Turbo Card" it's going to the CK card.  So TT has been doing this same exact bull**bleep** for years and getting away with it.  I just have a feeling this year they did it to way more people based on the amount of complaints I've seen so far.  What a joke! 

Who sent your email?

@Bradest93  who sent you that email? 

@AngelEyez87   Start blasting them all over social media (all of the outlets). I came across another disturbing post on Twitter that makes it even more clear that we’re dealing with a company with no morale. Apparently they have a commercial that’s caused quite an uproar. They’ve had so many complaints in 2022, not to mention the previous years of class action suits, data breaches, etc. I don’t know how they’re still operating. They talk in circles to their clients, hoping that we are either incompetent or won’t have the energy to keep fighting. As I’ve said many times, it’s not even about the refund advance at this point. They need to be held accountable for their intentional deception. With all the “software” errors, it seems as though they’re the incompetent ones. 

@Louie92 & @Pissedmomof5  

Credit Karma was the one that sent me that email. There’s also a phone number in that e mail for you guys to call if y’all haven’t called that number yet and maybe they can help bc those are the ones that are issuing the money out. Not credit karma or turbo tax but First Century Bank, N.A is. Lkke I said I’m very blessed. Idk what I’d do if I never got my money last night. Probably be just as p’d off as y’all. Bc I don’t have patience for stupid ****. 😅

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies