Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I applied for the refund advance and now my return has been accepted, but I haven't received anything regarding the advance.

@Nibert20  Mine has the same documents and they claim I didn’t apply. I saw a post that someone said their application was sent to Greendot Bank. I’m going to check with them tomorrow because if they sent out information there, we did NOT consent to it and that’s a big lawsuit on their hands  AA1C114B-27A5-4606-9827-9C99911BD769.png

I applied for the refund advance and now my return has been accepted, but I haven't received anything regarding the advance.

@Pissedmomof5  So let me try to understand this… you PAID to file your taxes through them assuming that their software was accurate, then you applied for an advance which they also screwed you out of…. And now you need to amend the return which you’ll also be charged for??!! I can’t even wrap my head around this because it’s such a joke

I did find a phone number for the IRS, to call and change bank info for delivery of refund. If Credit Karma couldn't get the advance rite then I don't trust them with my entire refund. You don't play games with peoples money. Hopefully it works....8*0*0*8*2*9*1*0*4*0

I did file a complaint with the BBB. I've had to do it once before with a different company and I actually got results so we shall see. 

It's beyond a scam is what it is. It's the actuality that back as far as I can remember I think it was ball 2021 I saw something online regarding TurboTax Advance refund so they were already advertising back then to have people interested thinking that there definitely going to get the fastest return that way. Anyways so beginning of January is there and people are itching for refunds so the quickest way they can see online is TurboTax in the advanced refund offer I actually filed my taxes on the 12th of January with TurboTax I applied for the refund as well and I have copies of the application for the advance refund no denial letter email nothing though. I didn't think I'd be able to file because I haven't received yet my official documentation to file with of my wages so I saw the option to manually enter and that's how had my taxes in on the 12th. Now I paid $250 to make sure I didn't make any mistakes that were major and they'd protect me if audited all that and also to try and ensure that I'd be eligible possibly as soon as possible for the advance refund from what I could see and read that they said would occur with that refund once it was accepted and accepted was the actual and only word that they use meaning it does not need to be put through as processed by the i r s to receive that Advance refund loan. So I was under the assumption I was waiting for my acceptance and I had met all the other qualifications I didn't receive anything else regarding if I was approved if I wasn't I know that I just disclosed that signature letter stating that I was opening my credit karma account and it was to be deposited and that that was a term and that was that I would just wait and see I wasn't even sure when the government allowed taxes 2 start being processed. On the 19th I received two emails that both my federal and state were accepted by the IRS from the IRS I also received that from TurboTax saying they were accepted so I was guessing that as far as the refund goes it was accepted and that was it I would be hopefully getting that advanced refund sent to that Credit Karma account that I already had the card for had set up everything and I be receiving that within 48 hours I was hoping and of course we all know that's not the case now. It's really funny though because I learned over all this b******* wasted hours of reading on it and trying to figure this crap out just get more pissed off LOL. I found out the facts that intu i t who owns TurboTax As We Know recently bought Credit Karma as well as the very popular cash app LOL so there's also a link I saw and I believe credit Karma's website that gives you a tax advance I believe it is through cash app doing your taxes straight through their website as a card holder I had even seen that many months back not thinking anything of it so these bastards have been cashing in a million and one ways if you think of it through cash app through the people that went on 3rd taxes there and I didn't even look at that possibility of if there is an advance that I'm sure there is but I wonder if anybody has gotten it through there and now TurboTax which has been advertising as far as I can remember bag and if anybody else was the same as me wanting to get the returned as soon as possible they who were straight on TurboTax site as soon as possible. So I spent $250 opposed to doing it for free or paying may be $20 to do my state I think that's all I ever usually pay for using the Free Tax USA. Com and I received not one sent yet as everybody else most people anyways I believe that done it. I also messed up my wages just a little bit off so I'm actually probably I'm hoping to God not having to do an amendment I believe or going to get audited because I don't have the correct total exactly or I'm just going to lose out on probably get $100 possibly oh well good for you Intuit that was a excellent move on your behalf that was brilliant to actually go above and beyond getting everybody on your website as soon as possible nobody else has mostly and then bring I'm sure a ton of the millions of cash app customers in and call it another name taxes.com I'm sure you're giving them a great job with the advances to thumbs up hope you get your return early!!

@sbooth6727 @sbooth6727 

I finally found my denial email in my spam folder. I had to physically search through every email in spam to find it. It shows my denial reason was due to owing the treasurer's office, but my balance with them is zero. 

I'm not sure about you, but my husband and I received the ACTC and from reading on different post it's saying a lot of filers claiming that on their refund is being declined as the IRS shows a balance according to the bank. 

When I called First Century Bank they said they didn't have anyone in any particular department to speak with in regards to the denial. I called the number from the email. I even sent them an email from their website/Facebook page Friday but haven't gotten a response. Hopefully within the next few days I'll get a response. 

I searched Morgan and Morgan law firm, but I'm not sure if I was on the right one. There's no link for a class action lawsuit for this particular situation on their page to choose from. Would greatly appreciate any help guiding me to file as well. 

Sent my complaint to the BBB and I'm currently waiting on a response from them also.

Have also made posts on Facebook pages trying to get answers but no response there other than seek their FAQs for general denial reasons. 

Either way, we all unfortunately have been drug through their marketing scam and forced to open a card that I myself have experience with because my husband already had the card. We planned to remove our funds from the card to our joint account with discover bank. 

I done everything just as it asked and I actually got mine within the time limit and everything. Idk what happened but I’m sorry you haven’t gotten your advance yet. Hopefully they’ll figure it out for you.

Returning Member

I’ve had the same issue I was able to contact First Century back and they where some help [phone number removed] press option 4 

Wth???

hate to be the bearer of bad news but that isnt the number for the ceo of credit karma . answering machine comes on with the name the coopermans

Hi my name is Tina and I was wondering if you had gotten any further or had any luck on finding out our refund status for yourself as far as the advance refund I feel like I've been banging my head against the wall for a week just hoping maybe you have some advice for me or where I can call thanks

And still haven’t received the advance 

@Bradest93  Did you file before the 24th or after? Something just don’t seem right but congratulations on you success in getting yours and did they wait hours to give it to you or as they said???

Did u read the part where I said I haven’t gotten anything 

I have not heard anything and calling the companies are just not getting anywhere. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies