turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am needing documents for house loan. They are requesting signed and dated income tax return, but when I download it from my account, it doesn't have that info.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I am needing documents for house loan. They are requesting signed and dated income tax return, but when I download it from my account, it doesn't have that info.

When you e-file there is no physical signature on the tax return.   You "sign" by entering your AGI or PIN#.   If a lender wants a signed copy, print out your return. use a pen and sign and date it yoruself.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I did that but they aren’t accepting it. :(

@sederberg_22 Then ask for a supervisor who is more informed than the fool  person who is not accepting a signed copy.  Ask for someone who is aware that  over fifty million taxpayers use tax software to prepare and file their tax returns and who knows that those returns are signed electronically.   When you print out your tax return, include a copy of the electronic postmark--certification of electronic filing---maybe that will help you.  It will show the date that your return was electronically transmitted.

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@sederberg_22 I said earlier that over 50 million returns were e-filed.   Correct that to nearly 200 million returns.

Per the IRS:

https://www.irs.gov/statistics/returns-filed-taxes-collected-and-refunds-issued

Highlights of the Data

• The IRS collected close to $3.5 trillion in gross taxes in Fiscal Year (FY) 2020  (Tables  1 and 5) and issued almost 122 million refunds (Table 7), amounting to more than $736.2 billion (Tables 1 and 8).
  • The IRS processed more than 240.2 million Federal tax returns and supplemental documents (Tables 2 and 3) in FY 2020.
  • Nearly 195.2 million returns and other forms were filed electronically. These represented 81.3 percent of all filings, an increase of 5.7 percent over the share of electronic filing in FY 2019. Almost 94.3 percent of individual tax returns were filed electronically (Table 4).

Try sharing that information with the lender who insists on a "signed" Form 1040.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies