turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am amending my taxes because my corrected 1099g arrived the day after I filed my taxes. Do I have to amend both federal and state, or just federal?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

I am amending my taxes because my corrected 1099g arrived the day after I filed my taxes. Do I have to amend both federal and state, or just federal?

We do not know since you have not mentioned your state, and we do not know if you are in a state that taxed unemployment.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I'm filing vt state taxes. 

Vermont has voted to waive taxation on the first $10,000 of unemployment. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/help/do-i-need-to-amend-my-state-return/00/2134732

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Since your 1099G has been corrected, you should amend both federal and state to make sure that your federal and state refunds have been calculated correctly to reflect the change in the unemployment tax.

I'm filing VT state taxes. VT has decided to waive taxing the first $10,000 of unemployment. I uploaded the 1099 to my federal. Will the adjustments be made to my VT tax or do I have to amend that as well? Not sure if there is an extra charge for amending state taxes w/ turbo tax. Hoping to avoid the process if it's not necessary.

O.K., Thank you!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies