Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How long does it take to recieve remainder of my refund after tax offsets are taken out

Okay, so hubby contacted the IRS again and they now say that they were off one number on my bank account and is issuing a check. Sigh. At least I know where my money is.  
Burley_21

How long does it take to recieve remainder of my refund after tax offsets are taken out

My student loans were offset last year and took all of our refund. I still owe a little more which is expected to be offset again this year. (I never received a notice of the offset from the start so I thought it was taken care of, big mistake on my part for not checking into it) We are expected to get back more then what is owed. How long can we expect our return to be delayed?

An offset can delay a refund by a couple of weeks ... just watch for a release date on the IRS site ... check only once a day :  https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Its 2020 and I have an unemployment offset as well. Just called the offset hotline and it said it'll be paid on February 26th so from reading these comments I hope my refund isn't delayed.

DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

Please see the information provided by Critter

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If you check the IRS site this is probably the message you got ... check back every few days for an updated report. 

WMR reduced .png

Mine isn't even processed😫 but at least I know what to look for thanks

Uhooper1982
Returning Member

What does that means Do i owe i don't have a refund date but i been approved my status look like the pic

If you see a message like the one above then the return is approved for release however there is a debt that needs to be paid first ... check back once a day for a date the balance will be deposited if there is a balance to get. 

Uhooper1982
Returning Member

OK well i called the hotline and they stated that i have no offsets is it because of the turbo tax fees that's being taken out of my refund

I have an offset for DHS where I was overpaid funds a few years ago. So I know my taxes will be delayed. When I go on the IRS website to use the “Where’s My Refund” tool, it says they can’t find any information? I haven’t received my offset letter yet! It’s been 4 weeks since I filed. What can I do or who do I call to get more information about my refund? I am getting $2,009 taken but getting a refund of $2,900.

@Uhooper1982 

Having the TT fees withheld from your return has nothing to do with a possible offset on the IRS side ... it doesn't insulate you from an offset. 

@LukeDuke40 

The NO INFO FOUND  message probably means the IRS system is simply overwhelmed at this time,  OR  you checked too often and are locked out for a period of time  OR  your return is in between departments ... try again later. 

The $2009 is what DHS is taking and the $2900 is what will be left for my refund. I’m just curious why when I enter my info for the “Where’s My Refund” tool it will say they don’t have any info? My return was accepted 1/27/2020.

Ok. Thanks. I only check once a week. It has never showed any info other than an email stating my return was accepted on 01/27.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies