Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tyerw

Didn't receive full refund through sbtg irs states full amount was released to Civista Bank

Spoke to an IRS rep in regards to the refund. Rep stated full amount was sent to Civista Bank which is a bank TT uses but, the amount SBTG stated they only have was almost $2000 short of what I was suppose to received. I have no offsets.  Where did the rest of my deposit go? Will I receive a check for the remainder?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Didn't receive full refund through sbtg irs states full amount was released to Civista Bank

Okay, so the amount SBTG received was $2000 less than what the IRS says they actually sent?  

tyerw

Correct I’ve spoken to 2 irs reps and they gave me the exact numbers I saw on my transcripts and gave me the bank name Civista who they sent the amount to… 

This has been happening very often yearly so if this continues to happen I will no longer do taxes with this venture

OK ... first of all NO ONE should ever use the REFUND PROCESSING SERVICE  if at all possible.  Why pay an extra fee for no reason and put a third party inbetween you and your money.   FYI ... if you use a different tax program they all use the same processing service so you will not get away from them.

SO  ... if you are eligible use one of  the IRS FREE FILE options ... for 2021 your AGI had to be $73K or less ... 

https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free

If you can't then pay the tax prep fees upfront and avoid this hassle. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies