Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How do you change your direct deposit information after your taxes was accepted

I filed taxes for 2019, but I owed money and so I don't know if it would have my direct deposit information for 2019 unless the system had me enter it anyway. I don't really remember. However, I have been using Turbo Tax for the last 5 years and my direct deposit info has always been the same for years I have received a refund. Is it possible they would use the direct deposit information from 2018 instead since I owed money for 2019?

Also, if I wanted to change my direct deposit account, is that possible so I can get the stimulus payment in a different account?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

They will use your 2018 direct deposit information.  If you want to change your information you will have to wait until the IRS creates their portal for people to update information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm having the same issue and still dont no what too do about fixing my bank information 

@Sagittarus1210 wrote:

I'm having the same issue and still dont no what too do about fixing my bank information 

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

To help everyone check on the status of their payments, the IRS is building a second new tool expected to be available for use by April 17. Get My Payment will provide people with the status of their payment, including the date their payment is scheduled to be deposited into their bank account or mailed to them.

An additional feature on Get My Payment will allow eligible people a chance to provide their bank account information so they can receive their payment more quickly rather than waiting for a paper check. This feature will be unavailable if the Economic Impact Payment has already been scheduled for delivery.

I changed mine,after o got my tax refund , i went to get my payment and just put in my knew banking info.so glad it. didn't go on my turbotax card,becouse realy i could understand maybe if everyone was all in the same boat,like i efiled,got s refund had no fees,recieved s turnocredit card ,set up direct deposite,and got my income tax refund whith the same onfo. I should have gotten my stimulus check,so different situations,SAME OUTCOME,SHAME SHAME!! TURBOTAX!

shirleywalker60
Returning Member

If I went on the TruboTax portal I for got to put my bank account information

I need to change my banking info.  How do I do this?

dspencer

I filed a little earlier today. I chose to have the refund put on an existing card, but I just found out there is a huge fee for that. Is there any way to change it BEFORE it is accepted by the IRS to the recommended credit karma card?

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

If your refund is rejected, you will be able to change the refund method and receive a check.

The only way to avoid the Refund Processing Fee is to pay your Trubot Tax Fees upfront and to choose to have the IRS mail you a check. The link will provide more information. 

Refund Processing Service

How do I change my direct deposit

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

If you have already filed your return and it has been Accepted, you can't change your Direct Deposit info.

If you haven't already filed, and you transferred your info from last year, here's instructions on How to Change Direct Deposit Info. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies