Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I remove State filing fee since turbotax can't file my state due to it having"Various" on it? Should I just go to a CPA to get it all filed?

One of my w2s has various on it. I am not sure why but now turbotax won't let me e-file my state return
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

How do I remove State filing fee since turbotax can't file my state due to it having"Various" on it? Should I just go to a CPA to get it all filed?

A W-2 has the word "various" on it ???? Really ???   What box ?  

Screenshot_[phone number removed]43_Chrome.jpg

It's a previous job W2 and I guess they put various on locality? I've never seen this in all my 10 years of filing so I am not sure how to proceed.

" how to proceed."

Don't enter the keyword "various". 

OR Pay a CPA to take out the word "various".

@Ashley329IN 

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

Did you work in more than one state? If you did, you may have multiple state W-2s. 

The federal W-2 may say “Various.”

Look at all copies of your W-2s. In TurboTax, enter one W-2, but in Boxes 15-20, add a separate line for each state you worked in.

After you enter your first state, tap +Add another state below box 15 to start a new row.

@Ashley329IN 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies