turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I go about a problem with federal return only being 923.00 deposited on my card when it should have been 9,877?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How do I go about a problem with federal return only being 923.00 deposited on my card when it should have been 9,877?

You'll get a letter from them on why here pretty soon. You're math was either way off. You don't qualify for certain credits. Or you owe money for something like child support, student loans, or unpaid taxes from previous years.

Are you expecting both Federal and state refunds?   If so, are you sure it's not the state refund?  The Fed and state refunds come in separate deposits.

Look at your actual Federal return and verify the amount shown on your Federal Form 1040, Line 21a.

Are there any messages when you check the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool, such as if there has been an offset?
https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

If the IRS reduced your refund, you should get a letter in about 3 weeks or so explaining why, or you can phone them.  We can tell you how to reach a live IRS agent.

How did you pay your TurboTax fees?   Did you pay your TurboTax fees upfront, or did you choose to pay the fees out of the Federal refund?     I ask because if you chose to pay the fees out of the Federal refund, an intermediary bank is involved in the process, and you may be able to log in to the intermediary company for refund info.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies