Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Abridges
Returning Member

How do I get my money back after not receiving what I paid for?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

What have you not received?  Your tax refund?  Only the IRS and your State control when and if a Federal or State tax refund is Approved and Issued.

Was your e-filed tax return Accepted?

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year

What is the status of the tax return?  Accepted, Rejected, Printed, Ready to Mail, Started?

Or did you pay for the Desktop CD/Download program and not receive it yet?

For the Online versions you are paying to prepare your return.  There is no guarantee that your return will be accepted by the IRS or State or you get the refund you were expecting.   

Abridges
Returning Member

On November 18,2019 I gave two payments, one for $79.99 and one for $44.99 to file my 2018 tax return and to print off a copy of my 2017 tax return. It wasn't until if finished entering all of my information and paid all the money that I was told I couldn't file the 2018 tax return because it was after October 15th and I also couldn't get a copy of my 2017 tax return. I should have been told this PRIOR to TurboTax taking my money if I could not receive what I thought I was paying for. And now I keep getting messages that I have to pat MORE MONEY for the Delux addition in order to actually speak to someone on the phone to help me resolve this issue. I either want my money refunded or to speak on the phone with someone who can help me receive what I was understanding that I was paying for! Please reply ASAP! Thank you

Abridges
Returning Member

I did not receive a completed 2018 tax return OR a copy of my 2017 tax return after making 2 payments, one for $79.99 and the other for $44.99.

Abridges
Returning Member

No I did not purchase the Desktop CD/Download program. And I was not able to complete my tax return and was not informed until AFTER I entered all my information and was charged. Also I was not able to print off my 2017 tax return. I started using TurboTax in 2017 because I would be able to have access to my tax return when I needed it. 

@Abridges wrote:

I did not receive a completed 2018 tax return OR a copy of my 2017 tax return after making 2 payments, one for $79.99 and the other for $44.99.

There are no e-file fees when using the TurboTax online editions.  The TurboTax account fees are for assisting with completing a tax return.  The account fees are the same whether a tax return is e-filed or printed for mailing.

If you did not e-file the 2018 tax return on or before October 15, 2019, then the 2018 tax return can no longer be e-filed but must be printed and mailed.  The 2017 AGI is no longer needed since the 2018 tax return can only be mailed.

It sounds like you paid for the TurboTax Premier online edition and one state program.  With that purchase you have access to all prior year online tax returns up through October 2020.  Provided that you created the 2018 account using the exact same User ID you used to create the prior year online tax returns.

To access your current or prior year tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

Print, sign, date and mail the tax return to the IRS.  Include with the mailed return any forms W-2 and 1099 which have taxes withheld.  Go to this IRS website for mailing addresses - https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment

There are no penalties for filing a tax return after the due date if filing for a tax refund or there are no taxes owed.

If you want to contact TurboTax support to discuss this issue then use their contact website during business hours.

Support is open from 5am to 5pm Pacific time, Monday thru Friday

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

@Abridges wrote:

On November 18,2019 I gave two payments, one for $79.99 and one for $44.99 to file my 2018 tax return and to print off a copy of my 2017 tax return. It wasn't until if finished entering all of my information and paid all the money that I was told I couldn't file the 2018 tax return because it was after October 15th and I also couldn't get a copy of my 2017 tax return. I should have been told this PRIOR to TurboTax taking my money if I could not receive what I thought I was paying for. And now I keep getting messages that I have to pat MORE MONEY for the Delux addition in order to actually speak to someone on the phone to help me resolve this issue. I either want my money refunded or to speak on the phone with someone who can help me receive what I was understanding that I was paying for! Please reply ASAP! Thank you

Do not know what you paid for in November 2019.  The TurboTax online editions for tax year 2018 closed permanently after October 15, 2019.  Plus the TurboTax online editons for tax year 2019 were not yet available in November, they became available on December 4, 2019.

The TurboTax desktop editions for 2019 where available in November but there is no charge for a state program using the desktop editions, unless you chose the Basic edition but that edition is priced at $39.99.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies