turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I get my amended refund deposited into my checking account instead of the check or credit karma account offered by Turbotax Online?

I used my checking account for my original 2020 tax refund and the unemployment income refund. Turbotax Online only offers a check by mail or opening a credit karma account for my amended return refund.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I get my amended refund deposited into my checking account instead of the check or credit karma account offered by Turbotax Online?

They only mail checks for refunds.  No Direct Deposit.

See 1040X instructions page 19 for line 22 middle of first column

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040x.pdf

It says.....You will receive a check for any refund due to you. A refund on an amended return can’t be deposited directly to your bank account.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

The IRS does not pay refunds for amended returns by direct deposit. That's why TurboTax doesn't offer it.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

For that matter, the IRS also will not send a refund for an amended return to your Credit Karma account. They pay refunds for amended returns only by a check in the mail.

They only mail checks for refunds.  No Direct Deposit.

See 1040X instructions page 19 for line 22 middle of first column

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040x.pdf

It says.....You will receive a check for any refund due to you. A refund on an amended return can’t be deposited directly to your bank account.

Thanks to all for the help.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies