turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2bimani

How do I find my 2019 tax return on turbotax

There's supposed to be a Tax Home button on the left but there is none???
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

@2bimani  wrote:
There's supposed to be a Tax Home button on the left but there is none???

NOTE:  This answer assumes you prepared the 2019 return in Online TurboTax.  If you prepared the 2019 return in the 2019 desktop software (CD/download), it will not be in an online account.

Had you previously started a 2021 online return this year?  If so, and if there is no Tax Home button, then you are likely in the wrong account.   If you have not started a 2021 online return, then you need to proceed a little further to get the Tax Home tab to appear.

If you log into Online TurboTax, and there is no Tax Home in the left menu column, then that means a 2021 return has not yet been started in that account.   In order to have a Tax Home button present in the left menu column you must first answer some preliminary screening questions and may need to select a 2021 online product (you don't have to actually use it), then the left menu column will change and will have Tax Home tab available.   So proceed a little farther answering screens until the Tax Home tab appears in the left column.

Once the Tax Home tab is present you can go to the Tax Home page and scroll down to "Your Tax Returns & Documents" and expand that section.  Then select tax year 2019.   If you do all that, but there is no evidence of the 2019 return in that section, you may have multiple accounts without realizing it.    If that's your situation, we can tell you how to look for multiple accounts.  So report back if you need those instructions on how to look for other accounts.

Also see this FAQ:

FAQ:  How do I access my prior year return?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-access-my-prior-year-return/01/270...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies