Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

josiegm98

How do I figure out what TurboTax messed up on my federal refund? ? I was told I was getting it but then the gov said they had to amend it and took all of the money.

Ive used it for 3-4 years now and just auto do stuff as nothing major has changed taht I need to so everything should be correct but this year they said I was getting my federal which I think was like 700? And then I only received 113! Obviously that’s a big chunk of cash I’m missing and the reason for it said they had to amend it and that’s what they charged which is why I got so little money back but that doesn’t make any sense to me as none of the information was incorrect for them to amend.  (Now conspiracy theory) I assume the gov simply didn’t have enough money to give out during the COVID checks and that’s why so many people ended up with the same problem I had. I tried hours and days and months to talk to someone and of course they made it impossible. But I figured since all the crazy ness died down maybe now it could be fixed? But how exactly.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How do I figure out what TurboTax messed up on my federal refund? ? I was told I was getting it but then the gov said they had to amend it and took all of the money.

The missing amount is $600 ?   The amount of the second stimulus check ?   Look on your return ... form 1040 line 30 ... is the missing amount there ?   If so you said you did not get the second stimulus payment and the IRS says you did ... this was not a TT error.   So look at your account on the IRS site ... do they indicate the payment was sent ?   And did you get it but forgot ?   Or got it after you filed ? 

https://www.irs.gov/payments/your-online-account

IRS account screen 2021.jpg

IRS mails everybody a letter with your EIP amounts on it.

you shouldn't need to use the IRS online account.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies