Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do give direct deposit info to get the deposit info to get stimulus check

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If you already filed a return & it has been accepted, you cannot add direct deposit information.   The IRS is going to give taxpayers the chance to enter their own banking information.  If you are on Social Security or Disability, you do not have to do anything to get your stimulus money, it will go directly to your bank account.

See the following:

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

-----------------------------------

If you have not filed a 2019 return, or do not need to file a return, the TurboTax link below, is for anyone who has not filed a 2019 return or if you are not required to file a return,  if you want to qualify for the stimulus money TurboTax just recently setup where you can file a simple return for the stimulus money. See the following, scroll down to  What do I need to do to get my stimulus payment?, then  If you don’t need to file your taxes this year

https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/

View solution in original post

5 Replies

If you already filed a return & it has been accepted, you cannot add direct deposit information.   The IRS is going to give taxpayers the chance to enter their own banking information.  If you are on Social Security or Disability, you do not have to do anything to get your stimulus money, it will go directly to your bank account.

See the following:

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

-----------------------------------

If you have not filed a 2019 return, or do not need to file a return, the TurboTax link below, is for anyone who has not filed a 2019 return or if you are not required to file a return,  if you want to qualify for the stimulus money TurboTax just recently setup where you can file a simple return for the stimulus money. See the following, scroll down to  What do I need to do to get my stimulus payment?, then  If you don’t need to file your taxes this year

https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/

bjp1238
Returning Member

What if I have already filed my 2019 return (accepted) and accidentally filed a stimulus submission? 

Thank you,

Brian 

nnaga

I understand that turbo taxes has worked with the IRS in creating a stimulus registration program for people who are not required to file income taxes.

On the other hand, for those of us who chose to file our income taxes for 2019 with turbo tax are experiencing

a delay in receiving stimulus checks due to the fact our direct deposit information has not been given to the IRS.

I completed my 2019 income taxes with turbo tax and received my returns thinking that the IRS has my bank account information to deposit my stimulus check.  Now I have learned that the IRS does not have my information because Turbo Tax did not furnish it to the IRS. I should have already received my check at this present time with the first distribution but now It has been delayed because of this disservice by Turbo Tax.

Even after discovering this or even knowing the fact Turbo Tax did not correct this diservice like other companies who has the furnished their clients banking or mailing informatio to the IRS. I just am dissapointed 

with this disservice only to have now found out about this after the first distribution has been sent out. ASDIFYUIGFGJNVBGBNM<VBKHBVHJKJGV%&^%^&%&(T*RTTYGGNHDGHBBXGHNL$%&OP&(*&^TOIYHKJGFHGUKKJH*(OU(()*T&T*(Y&*(&*(&^%$%@$%^&*()(*()$#@!#()_*($#@!$%^&*()UIYRTEWR^&*()*$%

nnaga

I am not using this service for my income taxs in the future to be sure and give another my paid services .

@nnaga When you e-filed your federal tax return with a federal tax refund and selected Direct Deposit into your bank account, then the bank routing and account number you entered were sent with the federal tax return.  When the IRS received your tax return, the Direct Deposit information was available for the IRS to deposit the federal tax refund into the bank account you designated.

This procedure for providing direct deposit information to the IRS is exactly the same for every tax year since e-filing began over twenty years ago.

Unless you requested to have your TurboTax account fees deducted from the federal tax refund, then there will be an issue on how you received your stimulus payment.  Did you request to have the fees paid from the federal tax refund?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies