turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can Turbo tax open from my CD as I've already wasted 4 hrs following instructions?

I have a CD player but Turbo Tax deluxe won't open even after 4 hrs of following instructions?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

How can Turbo tax open from my CD as I've already wasted 4 hrs following instructions?

Does your computer meet the system requirements?   And....your question is being posted from online Deluxe--are you logged on to the online software by mistake?

2020 Desktop TurboTax 

Minimum requirements for your computer

Below are the minimum requirements for TurboTax Federal 2020 software. Product activation required via Internet. Download option requires free online Intuit account.

Windows® CD/Download Products

Operating Systems

• Windows 8 or later (Windows 7 not supported)

RAM

• 2 GB or more recommended

Hard Disk Space

• 1 GB for TurboTax (plus up to 4.5 GB for Microsoft .NET 4.5.2 if not already installed)

Monitor

• 1024x768 or higher recommended

Third Party Software

• Microsoft .NET 4.5.2 (included with TurboTax Installer)

Internet Connection

• 1 Mbps modem (Broadband connection highly recommended). Required for product activation, software updates and optional online features

Printer

• Any Windows-compatible inkjet or laser printer

Administrative rights required

Mac CD/Download Products

Operating Systems

• macOS Mojave 10.14 or later

RAM

• 2 GB or more recommended

Hard Disk Space

• 1 GB for TurboTax

Monitor

• 1024x768 or higher recommended

Internet Connection

• 1 Mbps modem (Broadband connection highly recommended). Required for product activation, software updates and optional online features

Printer

• Any Macintosh-compatible inkjet or laser printer

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time Monday-Friday.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

What do you mean by "open"? You don't run TurboTax from the CD. You have to install TurboTax on your computer from the CD, then run it from the computer, like any other installed software.

Are you having trouble installing TurboTax from the CD, or have you installed it and you are having trouble running it? If you are having trouble installing it, how far do you get, and exactly what happens when you have a problem? Are you able to read other CDs on the computer?

What are the instructions that you are following? If the instructions are online, post a link.

Are you using Windows or a Mac?

nnbarlow

I put the CD if TurboTax in but there is no signal of anything.   Does this CD work?

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

To help install your TurboTax CD, please see the TurboTax FAQ below for assistance:

What if nothing happens when I put my TurboTax CD into the CD drive?

@nnbarlow

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies