turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I see where my refund will be deposited? And possibly change where I want my refund to be deposited? And also its been over 21 days since I filed, and still no money. How will i know when the

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

How can I see where my refund will be deposited? And possibly change where I want my refund to be deposited? And also its been over 21 days since I filed, and still no money. How will i know when the

Please see below for the answers to each of your questions: (it does appear one did not come completely through)

How can I see where my refund will be deposited?

Please follow these steps to see what direct deposit information you selected for your tax refund:

1. Sign into TurboTax if you haven't already.
  2. On the Tax Home screen, scroll down and select Add a State (don't worry, we're not adding a state) to access your tax forms and worksheets.
  3. In the left menu, select Tax Tools then Print Center.
  4. On the TurboTax Print Center screen, select Print, save or preview this year's return.
  5. On the next TurboTax Print Center screen, select 2019 federal returns and Include Government and TurboTax Worksheets (optional), then select View or Print Forms.
  6. The information will be on the first page, Electronic Filing Instructions for your 2019 Federal Tax Return next to Balance Due/Refund.
  7. You can view the state refund information on the State Electronic Filing instructions.

And possibly change where I want my refund to be deposited?

Once your return has been accepted (or mailed), it's too late to change how you will receive your refund through TurboTax. If the information provided is for a closed or invalid account the government will mail you a refund check.

And also its been over 21 days since I filed, and still no money:

Have you checked Where’s My Refund? it has the most up to date information available about your refund. The tool is updated daily (usually overnight) so you will just usually need to check once a day. 

For more on the timing of your refund please see this TurboTax FAQ.

Please see these TurboTax FAQ's on why some tax return refunds may take awhile to be released:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Shawtyshona25
Returning Member

What's going on with my refund and why can't I see when its comming

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax does not receive updates on your refund status after your tax return has been accepted by the IRS.

Once the IRS finishes processing your tax return and confirms your tax refund is approved, your status will change from “Return Received” to “Refund Approved.” The IRS will provide a personalized refund date once your status moves to “Refund Approved", this process can take a few days. Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information. You can also try calling the WMR automated hotline 1-800-829-1954 instead if you submitted your tax

Please see this information from our expert @ToddL99 on why your tax return refund may be delayed: Refund Delay.

Shawtyshona25
Returning Member

Hello my name is tyshona  and I'm just looking  for my taxes  or can someone  let me know if u can tell me a date 

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Tyshona,  I am sorry that you are having an issue with the IRS.  TurboTax does not issue refunds or Stimulus checks.  TurboTax is a tax preparation platform.  If you have submitted your return to the IRS, then TurboTax is out of the picture.  IRS is forbidden to discuss your information with TurboTax because of privacy laws.  There could be several reasons why you have not received your Stimulus or refund.

FYI, you are not alone.  This year has been one for the books.  IRS briefly paused processing refunds because of issuing Stimulus payments.  They are currently starting to process again so it should be soon.  Please be patient.

The IRS is seriously backlogged due to all the new tax laws and extra stimulus filings, as well as unprocessed 2019 returns left over from the COVID shutdown.  Lots of other folks are still waiting, so please continue to be patient.  Also see:

At least 8 million tax returns are in limbo at the IRS because of the pandemic, delaying refunds (ms...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies