turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I find out who claimed me on their taxes without my permission?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

You can't.  The IRS will not tell you if  someone claimed you or who claimed you.  But if you should not have been claimed as someone else's dependent, you can print, sign and mail your tax return in which you "claim" yourself.  The the IRS will sort it out.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I just found out my ex boyfriend claimed me as a dependent on his tax return 2019. 

on 2018 He put me also as his dependent but that was when we were together ..... but we broke up later on at the end of that year so he doesn’t have the right to keep claiming me as his dependent. He told me he “didn’t realize the system of his tax accountant kept my information” so he filed his taxes and he didn’t know that I was still there as his dependent, so I called the Tax corporation who did his taxes and they told me he is lying because they always ask for updated information.... I’m an american citizen and now I don’t know what to do because since he claimed me as his dependent I can’t request my stimulus check, I’m very worried because I lost my job, my ex basically stole my money and I don’t have money at all. What Can I do?

Pats3
Returning Member

The person who might have fraudulently claimed me.On the tax refund filed by rufus norwood and tonia hollingworth they stole my social sercurity number without me knowing.Tonia dont work or get ssi.plus i think they used.an old address that.i had.im goin to report them if i.find out someone clai.ed me it was fraud.Please help because i dont have very mich and i.need my eip they might have give my stimulus check to her.she might have fraudulently signed my name.Please help.

Pats3
Returning Member

If someone claimed me without me knowing would i have to fill out a tax retur n for myself i receive ssi and have direct deposit.

Pats3
Returning Member

What kind of tax return do i fill out i get ssi and do not work i on disability.

Pats3
Returning Member

Wat ki d of tax paper do i fill out.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Go here for stimulus info:  https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

This FAQ site may also answer your questions.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies