turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

obangster
Returning Member

Hi, my tax return got rejected for the wrong AGI, but I also forgot to put in an extra W2, how can I put that in? Or does it have to be accepted and amended to add it?

Can I edit and add the extra W2? Or do I have to add the correct AGI and get it accepted first and amend to add the W2?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Hi, my tax return got rejected for the wrong AGI, but I also forgot to put in an extra W2, how can I put that in? Or does it have to be accepted and amended to add it?

You can, and should, add the missing W-2 before you resubmit your tax return with the correct AGI.

View solution in original post

Since your return was rejected, you can add your W-2, correct your 2019 AGI & then re-e-file.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

You can, and should, add the missing W-2 before you resubmit your tax return with the correct AGI.

Since your return was rejected, you can add your W-2, correct your 2019 AGI & then re-e-file.

obangster
Returning Member

How do I add the W-2?

obangster
Returning Member

How do I add the w-2

obangster
Returning Member

Can I add it online or do I now have to file by mail?

obangster
Returning Member

So I had two jobs in 2019 and got 2 separate w-2’s do I add the 2 separate AGI’s to get the total AGI ?

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

@obangster 

You can add the W-2 online. You can still e-file. See the following FAQ for instructions.

Where do I add or enter a second W-2?

Your 2019 AGI is not on your W-2s. It's on your 2019 tax return, on Form 1040 line 8b. See the following FAQ for more information about how to find your 2019 AGI.

How do I find last year’s AGI?

obangster
Returning Member

@rjs also the app says my AGI which I put on the return but it says it’s wrong? 

obangster
Returning Member

@rjs so before i added a 1099g form I was supposed to get around 1200$ total, after I added the 1099g, I’m supposed to get around 500$ in federal and owe 300$ in state taxes, does that sound correct?

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

It's impossible to tell whether those figures are correct without being able to see your tax return.

Form 1099-G is used for a lot of different kinds of payments. Is the 1099-G for unemployment? If so, it sounds like you didn't have enough tax withheld from your unemployment, or maybe you didn't have any tax withheld at all. If that's the case, the reduction of your refunds could very well be correct.

What state are you in? Unemployment benefits are taxable in most states, but there are a few states that do not tax unemployment.

irvinreid

I need to correct my error entering AGI

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

You can follow the instruction in this TurboTax FAQ here on how to locate your AGI. Then proceed to follow the instructions in this TurboTax FAQ to find out where to put your previous year's AGI on your current year tax return. If your tax return is constantly getting rejected due to your AGI, you will need to print and mail your tax return. You can follow the directions in this TurboTax FAQ to do so.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies