turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hi I got a letter from Keystone Collections asking for money for taxes filed in 2014 and I'm not sure why? Can you please help me figure this out thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Hi I got a letter from Keystone Collections asking for money for taxes filed in 2014 and I'm not sure why? Can you please help me figure this out thanks.

Keystone collections is an authorized agent for collecting the local earned income tax for municipalities within PA.

Did you file a local earned income tax return for 2014?  As a resident of a PA municipality (township, borough, city), you're required to file a local earned income tax return if you have any earned income for that year (W2 wages or self-employment income).

TurboTax does not prepare or file your local earned income tax, that is your responsibility.

And don't forget to file your 2015 and 2016 local earned income tax returns.

I think turbo tax should tell there customer that they do not file local city taxes. Because this is becoming a problem. So it's not so easy to file because they are not fully disclosing all the information needed to file. That should be mention in the beginning 

When you prepare a federal and state tax return and you do not see anything for a local or city tax return, and you do not submit any sort of payment for that tax, why would it be hard to figure out you did not file it?

TurboTax can only be used for a very limited list of city returns:

City Tax Returns

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899325-which-city-tax-returns-can-i-do-in-the-turbotax-state-prog...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies