turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hello, I haven't received my second stimulus, and it says because I filed through Turbo Tax.

I'm looking online and it says anyone that used Turbo Tax is the one that haven't received the second check.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

Hello, I haven't received my second stimulus, and it says because I filed through Turbo Tax.

What is the link that states the stimulus was received by TurboTax?

TurboTax does not receive any type of tax refund, federal or state.  TurboTax does not receive any type of Economic Impact Payment.

The stimulus payment will go to the account you entered for direct deposit on the 2019 tax return.  The direct deposit information cannot be changed.  If the account is closed the IRS will send the payment by mail or on a debit card.

Go to this IRS website for stimulus information - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/treasury-and-irs-begin-delivering-second-round-of-economic-impact-payme...

Go to this IRS website to check the status of your payment - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

If you do not receive the second stimulus payment on or before January 15, 2021 and/or you did not receive the first stimulus payment in 2020 and you are eligible it will be entered on your federal tax return, Form 1040 on Line 30.

The Form 1040 has not been finalized and needs to updated to include the 2nd Economic Impact Payment.

kqueen05

I was also told that I haven't received my 2nd Stimulus check since I used Turbo tax to file my return.  My IRS transcript says a refund was issued on 1/4/21 but I have not received it.  I received the first Stimulus check with no problem.  

I'm in the same boat. My bank, TurboTax, everybody gives me the run around or tells me the same info none of which is useful. Here is what I know from digging today, there are millions of people who did not get their money and a common reason is that when they filed their taxes under a tax preparer such as TurboTax or someone else and the cost of tax preparation was taken out of their refund, then the person whom prepared it were from a third-party bank and THEY got our money in a lot of cases. It took some doing, but this is the phone for TurboTax. You may get the run around and the first time I called they hung up on me, but it's worth a shot.

TurboTax : [phone number removed]

Message me for the phone number. They deleted it for some reason.

I haven't recieved my second payment either and I have direct deposit...no problem with the first one...so is our money being stolen the irs website tool only says not enough information no status available...do you have the number to turbo tax email me the number please [email address removed]  thank you...they can't steal out money im a single mom about to get evicted 

Wow they removed my email...loosers

Yep...we're all in the same boat. If you opted to pay the filing fees out of your refund then the IRS sent your money to the pass through account (Green Dot) they use to receive your refund and take their fees before forwarding it to the account you provided for direct deposit. The accounts were closed so the stimulus payments were rejected and sent back to the IRS. Apparently the IRS has been telling ppl it'll be 4-6 weeks to receive the rejected payments by paper check in the mail. Supposedly Intuit, IRS and Green Dot are currently working together to reject payments faster so the IRS can re-issue them to the correct accounts but no guarantee so don't bank on that and just anticipate your payment some time next month or so. And it seems like everyone affected by this, transcripts are showing the same 1/4/21 issue date and received the 1st stimulus last April in their with no issues. I actually received mine in the 1st round of direct deposits that went out.

I've been told that the 2 statuses everyone affected will see on 'Get My Payment' is either "Payment #2 Status Not Available" or it will give a status with a deposit date and last 4 digits of your account number. Which isn't really your actual account number, Green Dot uses ssn for TurboTax to take their filing fees from and then they send them to your actual account to deposit your remaining refund. So it will most likely be the last 4 digits of your ssn. This whole thing is a mess that really seems inexcusable to me. Especially at a time like this when everyone already waited so long for the little payment we are getting (and should already have). Now we wait even longer. 

fredhillbilly
Returning Member

Well it would have been nice of turbotax to send out a e-mail letting us know that since we got screwed using them, instead we find out through papers nice customer service. Now what can we do to fix the problem in case there is another check

srm2

Turbo Tax sent out an email yesterday stating the IRS made an error and they have been working with them to correct it. They said it should be completely resolved within the next few days and then we will see the money deposited into our correct accounts. They stated the IRS now has all of our correct account info. Hope this is true!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies