turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Has anyone updated to the Path Act Message yet?

Went from 1bar to path just now filed on 1/19/20 accepted on 1/27/20 no path until 2/15/20 updated at midnight finally 

So I spent days trying to get more information on the PATH message cause I was a accepted on January 17th as a part of the test batch. From what I understand according to the laws and IRS processes the path acts message appears if the IRS is currently or has reviewed your return but it was before the 15th of February. Because of the laws they can't disperse any money though.

Your tax refund is scheduled to be sent to your bank by February 20, 2020. If your refund is not credited to your account by February 25, 2020 , check with your bank to see if it has been received.

Please Note: For refund information, please continue to check here, or visit the Refunds page on IRS.gov. Updates to refund status are made no more than once a day.

The IRS has also stated that they mostly audit low income and high income taxes. But typically make their own adjustments unless they suspect fraud. Especially with being under staffed they also stated that unless it's believed that you owe them a significant amount of money from taxes they tend to not worry about missing w2s other forms I'm not sure about. But a missing w2  from most will get amended by the person later and if not it usually means the IRS would owe you money after an audit anyway.

@Cassiec13 , where did you see that info? I can’t see anything yet :( Well, that’s not true, I have the PATH message on WMR and it’s been the same since last Saturday. My transcripts also updated last Saturday and I have a cycle code of 0605 with a process date of 02/24 but no 846 code or DDD. Last year I had a cycle code of 0705 with a process date of 03/04. Once my transcript updated with my 846 code the DDD showed 02/27 and I got my refund on the 26th. I feel

like, given all this information, I should expect my refund 1 week earlier this year but haven’t seen an 846 code or a DDD yet 

Did you file EIC? 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the IRS website for more information on the Path Act. https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/path-act-tax-related-provisions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes, I was accepted on 1/27. I updated to the path last week. This morning the path message is gone and so is the tax topic 152.  I have a message saying your return is being processed. 

Same here... Mine updated to PATH yesterday and it’s gone today. 

I just checked my transcript and it says processed date 02/24. Maybe it will update this weekend for us 

IS LATER) Apr. 15, 2020
PROCESSING DATE Feb. 24, 2020
TRANSACTIONS
CODE EXPLANATION OF TRANSACTION CYCLE DATE AMOUNT
150 Tax return filed 20200605 02-24-2020 
I copied this from my transcript

I certainly hope so. I had to get my transcript mailed so I’m waiting on it to get here. 😩

For some reason I can't look at my transcript online and it has to be mailed. But I was apart of the early test batch so mine was accepted over a month ago. The path act message went away today finally after getting the message for 2 weeks and says that my return is now being processed. This is the first year I've qualified for the EIC and I kind of wish I hadn't. Anyone else think they should just prosecute the ones committing tax fraud instead kicking the ones that are down?

mine as well

@wcsmith40 , we share the same Cycle code. My transcript just updated. See below.

C

EXPLANATION OF TRANSACTION CYCLE DATE AMOUNT
150 Tax return filed 20200605 02-24-2020
[phone number removed]7-0
806 W-2 or 1099 withholding 04-15-2020 -
768 Earned income credit 04-15-2020 -
846 Refund issued 02-26-2020

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies