turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Has anyone received their refunds this year with earned income tax credit I filed January 27 and accepted January 28th 2020

Thanks do you know when they will resume normal function.  And then they will be paying interest its the law...just like if we owed them... who knows anything anymore

Has anyone received their refunds this year with earned income tax credit I filed January 27 and accepted January 28th 2020

They can wait on mine lol. Every single day past June 15th they owe us 4% a day! 💰💰

@GiseleD how do I know when they resume to normal operations? 

Most likely they will give it by then..it seems irs has begun normal at least somewhat operation bcuz i got a call about unemployment yesterday that I didn't qualify for....2 dependants only working 2 days a week my other 3

4 day a week job was with schools....ind cont..

Nothing yet. I filed early. I agree with everyone. Seems like it's a common thread with anyone who used Turbo Tax. First and last time I use Turbo Tax. It's frustrating all they say is check irs website. Never had this issue before. No...it's Turbo Tax. 

My understanding is they didn't start doing anything till 2/12 so figure that's processing day one

Yes ...the strange thing is I was not notified by turbo tax or by the state website when I checked. I just checked my bank one morning and it was there 🙃.  I filed on January 19th was excepted on February 10 and found money in bank on February 22.

LUCKY IM EIC CLAIMED filed feb 10th no info yet :(

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

Due to the PATH Act, The IRS usually begins issuing tax refunds on returns with the EIC or Additional Child Tax Credit in late February.

Please see this TurboTax FAQ, Some federal refunds are delayed due to the PATH A...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This thread is from LAST YEAR.

Yes 🙂 filed on January 19th, excepted on February 10th but  did not get notified by Turbo tax or state website that it was approved and money was sent. But on February 22nd I checked my bank and money was deposited 😃 .

kedro1991

Havent got anything yet, my last year with turbo tax, ive used them since day 1 and tbh imnot happy with there services🤷‍♂️

Ppaghaei
Returning Member

The sight says 21 days. Then its says first week of march. Still NOTHING. Did anyone use last years income for the eitc? Is that the hold up?

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Have you checked Where's My Refund? TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS once they have accepted your return.

The IRS issues more than 9 out of 10 refunds in less than 21 days. However, it’s possible your tax return may require additional review and take longer. Where’s My Refund? has the most up-to-date information available about your refund. The tool is updated daily so you don’t need to check more often.

Please click When to Expect Your Refund if You Claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit or Additional Child Tax Credi...to learn more. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This post was from last year. I filed 2019 taxes in Jan 2020. It took the irs till Nov of 2020 to get me my 2019 refund. I have already received my 2020 refund.  Thank you 😊

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies