turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Has anyone received their refunds this year with earned income tax credit I filed January 27 and accepted January 28th 2020

I got my letter on the 28th had bars until mid February as well and accepted and filed on 1/31 as well. My letter date is set for 2/19 and so I seen a lot of people get their letters and get a ddd of March 4th so I am hoping and praying us who got our letters will get a ddd date soon as well. 

Has anyone received their refunds this year with earned income tax credit I filed January 27 and accepted January 28th 2020

So what does it mean if nothing is on my transcript?? I filed Jan 27 and accepted the same day and isn't showing anything but process

Mine is saying the same thing that they have received them and its being processed 

Last year eventhough I claimed the EITC it arrived much earlier than this year.  Its almost as if your being punished because you can claim the credit.  Socioeconomic discrimination at its best. 

Stood....i was told if its not on your transcript then it really is being reviewed. I guess they gave half the letters to people because there wasn't enough people to deposit or work on them as they have been. This is just what I have read people talking about so I am not sure I guess we will find out. I can't get my transcript until I get a code in the mail so I won't know until I get the code just remember reading what people have written. I think the IRS website has something on codes there as well.

I didn't wanna hear that 😭

I know I need the money as well....i am hurting bad praying for a miracle. God's timing is always better than mine. I just know we have to pay lawyer fees so I am really praying harder...

I recently called the IRS number. Their automated system told me that they have no information about my return. Then to go check online. But their website just says they are processing my return. It has said this for at least a couple weeks now.

No, I haven't , I filed on January 28 and according to turbo tax was accepted that same day, but on the IRS website it only says it is being processed,  still haven't received it, according to turbo tax the estimate refund day was February 18th. It is now  March 2nd and no money yet. The status bar has disappeared as well.  I have read through the comments and I may reconsider using Turbo Tax next year.

@cricket067 wrote:

No, I haven't , I filed on January 28 and according to turbo tax was accepted that same day, but on the IRS website it only says it is being processed,  still haven't received it, according to turbo tax the estimate refund day was February 18th. It is now  March 2nd and no money yet. The status bar has disappeared as well.  I have read through the comments and I may reconsider using Turbo Tax next year.

The TurboTax dates for receiving a tax refund are only estimates based on the IRS target of 21 days from Accepting the tax return.

Only the IRS and your State control when and if a Federal or State tax refund is Approved and Issued.

Note - Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.  Only the taxpayer listed on the tax return can obtain the status of a tax refund or a tax return.

To check the status of an e-filed return, open up your desktop product or log into your TurboTax Online Account. You can find your status within the TurboTax product.
If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds
If accepted by the state use this TurboTax support FAQ to check the state tax refund status - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions
If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.
Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.
Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
It should then transfer you to an agent.

Mine says the same thing...its a disgrace..shame on the IRS ..smh

I just called IRS spoke to some on phone at 3:55pm California time lmao.  Claimed the eitc and other credit , as single on taxes. Filed same day and accepted same day as you 1/31. Got letter same day as you for same day 2/19 with 60 day letter I filed myself on turbo tax.lady on phone was patient but all she could see was that it still processing and if I put my info correct I did I went over almost 20 times every number every box, everything. So she said it has to be that I claimed the tax credits but that hopefully by Wednesday i see an update if not by next Wednesday. She was so nice I didn't get her name as for some reason the sound went in and out I was just so happy she was patient with me. The letter I got and what it showed was that they needed nothing from me no info I have to email or fax over to them just to wait and that she was sorry it's taking long. Hope this helps ease everyone else who filed like I did. Hope we get a Ddd( direct deposit date) by friday or Saturday. I dont want to sound so eager but man lol I feel so anxious. I also have no transcripts, no debts, no loans, no school debts. Just a working momma who filed too early I guess. And the thing is tt automatically checked to see for eitc

Thank you for the info!!! I know one day we won't have these income tax refunds like we do now they haven't always had these either I want to say children credits started in the 70s or 80s maybe but they haven't always been here and we really shouldn't shame or get mad at someone because it is better safe than sorry I will tell you that! Think about all the people who get picked each year we are just the blessed ones to have it done this year is all! No need to get frustrated or mad because it won't always be here and we should always have a plan b I know i dont but thats my fault not the IRS's fault and i never get mad about taxes because it's money that automatically comes out so I don't see it anyways. I mean think of the people you actually help with those taxes. Think of the old people who really can't work and are in their 70s and 80s that help them out . we will be old one day as well and we will need that money as well and our kids are the reason we are getting the money. Really what do we do but put in maybe 50 dollars a week to these taxes or maybe a couple dollars more some people aren't getting anything back that they took care of a child but because they have a greedy person in their lives they don't get one. No need to get mad I know I need it but the longer it takes the more money i will have because it will be there if I had it today I would just use it for something stupid no need to get mad at the IRS and NO i don't work for them. Jesus will be back soon y'all better get happy not mad 

MamaX2

I filed on January 26 and it was accepted on the 27th and I still haven’t received it. I did my moms taxes a few days after mine and she’s already gotten hers back. Why isn’t the irs updating???? It’s already been over a month for me!

I filed on the 28th and mine is still saying that they received them and there being processed last year I got my refund on the 13th 2 weeks before that I got approved so hopefully it will be approved tomorrow or next Wednesday 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies