turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Has anyone received the message, ‘You are eligible for the payment. Once we have your payment date, we will update this page.” when they view the stimulus tracker? [Tax Year 2019]

Hey, I had that message and it wasn't removed until my taxes cleared.  I got my taxes some time in July and a week or less later my first stimulus was released. I had no issues with the second one, thankfully.  If there was a problem with your taxes that could be it. Otherwise, the first one will be deducted from your income when you file this year.

JamesG1
Employee Tax Expert

Has anyone received the message, ‘You are eligible for the payment. Once we have your payment date, we will update this page.” when they view the stimulus tracker? [Tax Year 2019]

Congratulations!  Sounds like the IRS Get My Payment tool worked correctly for you.

If you were entitled to a stimulus payment but did not receive one, and you didn’t pay for TurboTax with your refund last year, you may need to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 tax return to get your money.

In TurboTax Online, you are prompted to input stimulus check 1 and stimulus check 2 information under Review down the left hand side of the screen.

You can access your stimulus check choices by following these steps: 

• Down the left side of the screen, click on Federal.
  • Across the top of the screen, click on Other Tax Situations.
  • At the screen Let’s keep going to wrap up.  Click on Let’s keep going.
  • At the screen Let’s make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click Continue.
  • At the screen Did you get a stimulus payment? you can update your stimulus check entries.

TurboTax will compare your two payment amounts to the computation within TurboTax.  The computations within TurboTax are based upon the information that has been entered into the tax software.  If you are due an additional amount, it will be issued as a Rebate Recovery Credit (RRC) on line 30 of the 2020 1040 tax return.

See also this TurboTax Help.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Screwed again. Last year tt overdrafted my bank account bad after not waiting to take money from fed return. So my account is closed. Now this year tt telling me they tried to deposit 600 stimulus in my closed account.  Why cant you guys just keep the f away from the stimulus payments!

JamesG1
Employee Tax Expert

The IRS recently began issuing a second round of stimulus payments to those eligible. Unfortunately, because of an IRS error, millions of payments were sent to the wrong accounts and some may not have received their stimulus payment.  If your second stimulus payment was delivered to a card that you no longer have, you may be able to get a replacement card.  See this TurboTax Help.

If you were entitled to a stimulus payment but did not receive one, and you didn’t pay for TurboTax with your refund last year, you may need to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 tax return to get your money.

In TurboTax Online, you are prompted to input stimulus check 1 and stimulus check 2 information under Review down the left hand side of the screen.

You can access your stimulus check choices by following these steps:

• Down the left side of the screen, click on Federal.
  • Across the top of the screen, click on Other Tax Situations.
  • At the screen Let’s keep going to wrap up.  Click on Let’s keep going.
  • At the screen Let’s make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click Continue.
  • At the screen Did you get a stimulus payment? you can update your stimulus check entries.

TurboTax will compare your two payment amounts to the computation within TurboTax.  The computations within TurboTax are based upon the information that has been entered into the tax software.  If you are due an additional amount, it will be issued as a Rebate Recovery Credit (RRC) on line 30 of the 2020 1040 tax return.

See also this TurboTax Help.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Soooo here we are stimmy#3 and im getting this message as well now, with no direct answer as to what it means and how long will it take to get a date?!! My last two stimmys i got a date and they were both deposited... Lol im getting mad yall. So if someone by any chance gets this email from this post ( cause this is a year old post lol) can you please reply and tell me some good news like you eventually got a date and your money posted. Cause WTF?!!! 😅

So, about 85% of us received payment periodically between May and August last year. About 50% of those received that payment with no updates online through the payment portal. The reason most (but not all) of us got the error was due to tax issues or holds. For many of us, it was due to glitches for early filers which had to be worked out. From what I am hearing, many of these glitches are being reported for early filers again this year. If you let us know a little more about your tax situation, we may be able to give better insight. We have a FB group called The Forgotten 15thers with a few thousand of us with past experience. You are welcome to join us there and ask/share. 

Oh wow, may-august? 🤦🏾‍♀️...and no issues with filing. Everything is still the same. Address, bank info, etc. even the account they are saying they will deposit the stimmy into is the same account i got 1 and 2 deposited into. Only thing i can think of is...the account is my tax preparers...so my stimmys have been going to her and she just pays it to me when they post which is fine by me so it wouldnt throw Anything off. So this year i filed on feb 24th and it was accepted feb 24th...my refund was approved march 14th with a payment date of the 17th. I got my refund as it stated. But my tax preparer said she put my bank info on there so that in case we got the third stimmy it would come to me instead of her...but again on the GMP tool its still giving her bank account info. So she said they must be going based from 2019... idk. Im hoping that isnt whats causing the issue even though they have an account on there. But i will also tell her to check her account. Since you say some got the payment but the status still said the same. And see if that may be the case. Or if they are sending it in waves maybe ill be next who knows.

its literally turbo tax fault why you guys are screwed. There is a glitch because when everyone else's stimulus is showing pending and my tax return is showing pending. Filling early through turbo tax has glitches my irs account

I’m having this issue now! Didn’t have any problems last two stimulus’s but now I have no date for deposit!

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Since the first and second stimulus payments were received without issues, the third one should work, too.

There have been 90 million Economic Impact Payments issued so far, but more will be issued in the coming weeks.

For more information, see: IRS, Treasury disbursed 90 million Economic Impact Payments from the American Rescue Plan.

@Snowoftheeld

@Missybb79

I wish the irs would shed some light on why some folks are getting that status. Ease our minds.  Im barely able to find anything online talking about it. And when i do its nothing explained about what it could mean. But i went to youtube to see if someone was talking about it there..and the person video i posted on said it will come in 4 waves...it will take 2-3 weeks for this first wave of EIPs to go out for electronic payments. Next will be mailed which should out the ending of march..3rd and 4th are basically non filers and people who changed any kind of info. They also said however you got your 2nd stimmy is how you will get this 3rd one. Some in this post also mentioned to me that from last year experience some people got it but the GMP tool just hadnt updated. So just continue checking your account. You can also create an account with the irs and check your tax transcript to see if they have released it yet. You will see where they sent the 1200 and the 600. So if you dont see the 1400...they havent released it yet. Hopefully this gives you a little comfort. It has eased my mind a little bit. But im still concerned. 

Yes, this is a message that is commonly being reported at this time.  The following links may be useful to you:

If you didn't receive your stimulus and it went to the form of a refund due to the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 tax return, please check this link for more information.

If you never received the stimulus at all and did not declare it on your tax return, please check this link.

@TashaJ89

Yeah, didn’t get my stuff last year. No stimulus money. Filed IN JANUARY and no date. 

I don’t want to sound selfish but this is ridiculous. And then there’s “a high call volume” so they can’t take calls. THERE SHOULD NEVER BE A PROBLEM WITH CALL VOLUME AT A FEDERAL CALL CENTER. 

This is ridiculous 

One other thing that you might want to try is to check your IRS account.  That might be able to tell you dates about what has been happening with your return and your refund/stimulus.  The phone will be very difficult, as we have been seeing.  Here is the link to see your Online Tax Account.  Hope hope this is helpful to you.

@Jpvxex

b45reaux

YES! AND KNOW IT'S SAYING UNABLE TO PROVIDE YOU WITH THE STATUS OF YOUR PAYMENT.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies