Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year 2020: Will our stimulus check load on our turbo tax card?

@Xmckayhb  Mine will not allow me to update either. On Wed mine said it was deposited onto my TT card on the 15th, but I still have no money. Today it says no payment status. My sister has only been told no payment status/does not match finally yesterday the IRS rolls let her enter her payment info. She had also used TT so maybe a good sign, but I’m not counting on it. 

I suggest for anyone to NOT input there TT card info to the IRS portal!! Use another account if you have one or you can open a Chime Acct and it gives you the acct #info and Routing # People that are using there TT card info again seem to be getting a check. I used Chime and mine says it will be deposit into that Acct but not a date yet, I will let you all know if that changes after 3pm today when I can log back in

@stellalee1109  Good info!! I used TT card this year for the first time I thought it would be easier to use for my tax refund. If I would have used my own bank account I had already had my money. 

Its ridiculous I really feel like TT let us down they knew this was going to happen. It really shows how greedy they really are. If they aren’t benefiting from your money they don’t care. 

Don't bother updating your DD info because they are going to mail it. I updated mine Wednesday and checked the status today and it says they are mailing a check on the 24th

@Ronhitchcock I’m happy for you that you know something if I knew anything I think of feel a little better!?!?!? Maybe

A paper check is something you are going to have to wait, but it will be nice when you get it!! 

Unfortunately, I’m with most everyone else I know nothing and no money!! 

All i can say is thanks to the "glitch" because while others have gotten their stimulus i have not. Now im sitting in my house with no electric or heat, my phone was shut off and I missed a job interview thats few and far between. Thanks Turbotax.

nikole88
Returning Member

I went to the IRS website early Wed. morning and I provided my Bank of America Routing and Account Number for DD. This morning it updated that I would be receiving a paper check that will be mailed on April 24th. At this point I am assuming that anyone with the Turbo Card who had the Refund Advance or had the fees deducted and then updated their DD info on the IRS website will now be receiving a check in the mail.  I guess it is good to know the date that it will be mailed however this entire ordeal has been really disappointing.

So why is it that multiple sources are confirming that if you got a refund advance, the IRS does not have your bank information and you have to manually enter it? Including the IRS Get My Payment tool saying I had to manually enter my banking information. 

I dont get this at all..... IRS says to put in DD info which most of of did so they wouldn't have to mail it now its saying for all of us it will be mailed the 24th wtf

It doesnt matter if you put in the TT card or a different one. I put in my cash app account info this past Wednesday in the morning and now today it just updated saying it will be mailed the 24th

@Dfiore1 I put mine in this Wednesday also mine doesn't say nothing but a friend of mine message me and there's also says it will be mailed the 24th so does that mean you're not getting it direct-deposited you're getting it mailed cuz hers exactly says mail on the 24th to the last known address

@Dfiore1 as crazy as it sounds I don't know why it makes you put your direct deposit information if they're going to mail you a check but at least you got a date that they're going to mail it so you'll have it by the end of this month I still don't have a date and I did at 8 in the morning on Wednesday when the tool opened up

My question is how can we even put in a different account information if its not the one the irs has on the 1040 and the one for the card that they do have is on the 1040? So how do they not have it and how will it accept something else 

Yes Yesterday the website had my account info everything was looking good. But today mine says it will be mailed out the 24th. Find this kind of strange hopefully it's a glitch or typo and will be fixed.

After all this is done im getting rid of this card and never filing with turbo tax again.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies