turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 8938 not uploading has been really frustrating and now i have to amend my taxes just for that. I think there are too many glitches with Turbo tax to trust anymore.

I entered all info for my Form 8938 and efiled today. When I printed my return, this form is missing. Is there a glitch? This is just not acceptable.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Form 8938 not uploading has been really frustrating and now i have to amend my taxes just for that. I think there are too many glitches with Turbo tax to trust anymore.

Were you required to file a Form 8938, Statement of Specified Foreign Financial Assets?

Go to this IRS website for a comparison of the requirements for filing a Form 8938 and FinCen Form 114 - https://www.irs.gov/businesses/comparison-of-form-8938-and-fbar-requirements

Are you above the Reporting Threshold (Total Value of Assets) for a Form 8938?

Yes I am required to file both the FinCen and 8938 and have been doing so. But I have no clue why Turbo did not upload with my tax return even after filling out information for the accounts I have

@Achar1992 wrote:

Yes I am required to file both the FinCen and 8938 and have been doing so. But I have no clue why Turbo did not upload with my tax return even after filling out information for the accounts I have

If you were above the Form 8938 reporting threshold and entered those amounts when in the section for reporting foreign assets, the form should have been included.

See if the Form 8938 is included when you use Print Center and the option for all worksheets.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2020 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies