turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mccloska
Returning Member

Form 15112

I have been waiting since early April to receive a check for my ctc.  IRS sent notice saying I never claimed my kids when I clearly did on my taxes, I had to send a form back with my dependants info.  Now I'm owed a pretty significant check and have heard absolutely nothing back.  I think it's TT fault since Ive never had an issue like this before 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Form 15112

Form 15112 is for the Earned Income Tax Credit, not the Child Tax Credit.

If you have your eligible child(ren) entered as dependent(s) on your Form 1040 Page1 and your Adjusted Gross Income is under the maximum for EITC for your Filing Status then the TurboTax program would have entered the EITC credit on your federal tax return Form 1040 on Line 27a.

If the IRS sent you a Form 15112 and you returned the form to the IRS and have not received the refund after 6-8 weeks from mailing the form, contact the IRS at 800-829-0922

Form 15112

@mccloska - there are numerous posts on these boards about the IRS request on form 15112, but no one has posted they had resolution from the IRS, so it may be part of the enourmous backlog the IRS is dealing with.  

just curious, what is on Line 27a of Form 1040.  Form 15112 indicates you MAY be elibile for EITC

it may just take patience for this to resolve itself. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies