turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 1095-c Received after taxes were filed. What do I do?

Hi, I have never heard of this form before so I filed my taxes as soon as I got my w-2 like I always do. Today I received this form in the mail, but I have already filed and gotten my refund already. Is this bad?  I seriously had never heard of this form before today. I did check off that I had health insurance when going through the turbo tax system but it didn't mention this form.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
HollyP
Employee Tax Expert

No, you're all set! The 1095-C is not reported on your tax return, you just have to check that you did have insurance in TurboTax. See the FAQ below for more info. https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4829606

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
KitKat

Would this still be accurate for filing 2017 taxes?

1095-c

Wrong wrong wrong.....I did my taxes January 30th. Was wondering where my refund was today, Mar 7th. Well not only did I receive my 1095-C TODAY, I also received a letter from the govt that denied my return because i didn't claim the form that i just got today!!! Sooooo basically they are holding my 6000 return for the $125. For 6 to 8 weeks. So annoyed

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@Hugger1975 The IRS says to allow 4-8 weeks to process a return after receiving the 1095-A and Form 8962, although I have seen them processed much quicker than that.  Please follow the instructions in the link below:

The IRS is requesting Form 8962 for 2019

You are the first that I have heard of with a similar situation! I too found it odd that turbo never required this form for filing. I too recieved my 1095 the first week of March after filing a week before (the last week of February). I thought nothing of it because the taxes were accepted and I was provided a refund date the second week of March. The date came and a refund was not granted. I thought maybe it had to deal with the pandemic so I waited some more, only to recieve a letter in April that they could not be processed until the 1095 was recieved. I completed the paperwork by hand, as I was not permitted to submit electronically. I mailed the required papers before the 15th if April. I have still yet to recieve confirmation that the paperwork was recieved by the IRS and that my taxes have been processed. With the deadline fast approaching, I am terrified of getting penalized for being late on my taxes due to turbo's inadequate filing system this year. I will never, never, NEVER use this service again and I wish that I could get a filing fee refund from this company! So my question for you is, did you ever resolve your issue and if so, how did you go about doing so? 

As you can see my situation in a prior response I have been waiting on nearly 14 weeks since sending out the requested forms and almost 20 weeks now since initially filing with turbo. I have given up on recieving a refund for this year. Now I have to wait and see if I get penalized next week by the IRS. 

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

The IRS is just now starting to process mail in the order it was received.  Mail had stopped being processed due to Covid and no workers.

The only 1095 form that needs to be reported is a 1095-A.  This is the one you receive if you purchased health insurance through the Marketplace.  This needs to be reported to reconcile the Advanced Premium Tax Credit.  Since the health insurance mandate has been eliminated, 1095-B's and 1095-C's do not need to be entered anywhere.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies