turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Forgot to file 1095A and 8962

Completed my return using TT and was accepted by IRS on 3/7. After checking Where's My Refund almost everyday, it went from ‘your return is being processed’ to ‘your return is still being processed. a refund date will be provided when available’ and the bars disappeared.

The other day I realized i forgot to include my 1095A information when doing my return (TT never asked me for it).

I have no return transcript or record of account transcript for my 2019 return showing on my irs transcript account. However, there is an ‘account transcript’ and when i click it the document says ‘no tax return filed’ at the bottom of the document.

I haven’t received anything from the irs in the mail yet and I’m getting worried because i’ve never made a mistake on my return before.

Will i have to file and amended return or should i wait to see if i get a letter from the irs and just mail the completed 8962 form?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

@milanj You do not have to amend your return unless the IRS directed you to. You will only need to use the add state workaround to enter your return and fill ou form 8962. 

How do I fill Form 8962 with turbo tax?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

16 Replies

I had the exact same problem. The IRS sent me a letter requesting a copy of Form 1095-A and Form 8962. I too need to know should I file an amendment.

did they say anything in the letter about needing to file an amendment? or did they just ask you to send the 8962 and 1095a to them?

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

@milanj You do not have to amend your return unless the IRS directed you to. You will only need to use the add state workaround to enter your return and fill ou form 8962. 

How do I fill Form 8962 with turbo tax?

@milanj I had the same issue and was told to send 1095A and 8962 forms along with cover sheet with info in letter that I received from IR

Filed and accepted on 1-29-2020

Received letter from IRS on 3-6-2020

Faxed paperwork on 3-9-2020

Still waiting on refund. Haven't been able to speak with anybody since the shutdown SMH

This is so frustrating. I also have left a few messages for the tax advocate office to call me but haven't heard from them either smh.

I am having this very same issue. I faxed over the form as requested and then this pandemic happened and cannot get ahold of anyone to find out about my refund.

The where's my refund still says it is being processed.

Have you been able to get in contact with anyone?

@ashleybartoe0304 No haven't been able to contact anybody. Tried to call the tax advocate service but got no answer. And I left a few messages asking them to call me back. This is so frustrating. Just want to know what

sa245cool

I think its been about 10-12 weeks since I faxed my amended return with the form 8962. I initially read that it could take up to 16 weeks for an amended tax return, so I've just been waiting anxiously, now I see that for this type of amended return they quote 6-8 weeks, and the phone number and extension they provide is not working due to "technical difficulties". sigh

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

The online link is your best option to track your refund.  I have attached a link with more answers from the IRS as to why your refund may be taking longer to process.

Federal refund questions

CLARY000

THE IRS IS REQUESTING THE FORM 8962 CAN IT PLEASE BE SENT TO MY EMAIL. [email address removed]

@CLARY000 wrote:

THE IRS IS REQUESTING THE FORM 8962 CAN IT PLEASE BE SENT TO MY EMAIL. [email address removed]

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the Form 8962 and the Form 1095-A as requested by the IRS for 2019 - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/health-care/help/the-irs-is-requesting-form-8962/01/27409

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

We do not have the ability to send the form to your e-mail.  You can find and complete Form 8962 inside of the TurboTax program or here: Form 8962.

I filed with credit carma online over a month ago and I havnt recieved anything from them, the IRS, or my stimulus check either. I dont know if they need more information or if they even got it. Who can i call to help me find out?

MinhT1
Expert Alumni

@BethVangyzen

Once your return has been accepted by the IRS, the refund process is completely under the control of the IRS. The IRS says that most refunds would be issued within 21 days. But some returns need more processing and refunds will take longer, especially during these Covid-19 times when some IRS agents still work remotely.

Please read this IRS FAQ for more information.

Please be patient, the situation will get better soon as some IRS agents are returning to their desks. You can check the status of your refund at this IRS web portal.

B Wells

After you sent them your 1095a and 8962 how long did it take to process.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies