turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Fix IRS return

My IRS income tax was accepted and refund is coming , but it is not correct , I forgot to add retirement fund I withdrew last year and beginning of this year (according to tax statement sent by my bank), on the night of Feb 8th through Turbo I filed My income tax again in there it shows I owe IRS , Turbo is not reminding me about what I filed on that night. What should I do ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Jennifer710
Returning Member

Fix IRS return

Hello good day I submitted my taxes which shows pending but I would like to fix something on it is that possible 

Fix IRS return

I need to add income to my return how can I do this using this app

jjwiberg

Fix IRS return

I may an error entering social security data . I entered part b premiums in the tax withheld box . I need to amend my return since I filed already

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Fix IRS return

Please see this Turbo Tax FAQ on when to amend.

When to amend

To amend your return, wait to see if your return has been accepted or rejected by the IRS or state. If rejected, you can correct and re-send your return. If accepted you should wait until your return has been processed and you receive your refund or confirmation that any tax due has been paid. If you file an amended return while your first return is being processed it can cause extended delays for both returns if two returns are in the system at the same time. In addition, if the IRS makes any change on your original return, you might end up having to amend the amendment. Amended returns can only be mailed - allow 8-12 weeks - can take up to 16 weeks (4 months) for processing.

This Turbo Tax FAQ will show you how to amend your return. How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed.  

How to amend

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies