turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Fix 2020 Return

I completed and  efiled my 2020 return and put that I did not receive the 2nd Stimulus check on 2/4/2021. Today I received my check out of no where. Can I unefile it and modify it since it has not gone to the IRS yet so it will not delay my refund. Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

Fix 2020 Return

Since the IRS has not opened yet, you have the opportunity to review and update the Recovery Rebate Credit portion of your 2020 tax return before they open on February 12th. 

If you want to review and update your 2020 return, please enter your information here by February 6, to have your 2020 tax return sent back to you.  You will then receive an email from TurboTax on February 8, letting you know that your return is available and providing you with detailed instructions on how to review, update and re-file your tax return without the Recovery Rebate Credit.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Fix 2020 Return

I filled out the link form but have not received a email yet. Is there something else I need

Fix 2020 Return

I'm still waiting for this email  too

Fix 2020 Return

Can we get information on when this will be sent to us please.

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Fix 2020 Return

The information about what the IRS has sent you in stimulus money can be confirmed using the link shown next. This year has been packed with changes and the IRS is allowing some latitude trying to help everyone.  Since TurboTax planned to send emails today, give it more time if you signed up for the email notification and you want to change your tax return before it goes to the IRS.

• Get My Payment - Select the button Get My Payment to see if your information is current based on the payments you did receive. If so, then it's another confirmation the IRS will not release the funds a second time.

Fix 2020 Return

How long before you all send the emails out to us customers that need to fix this. 

Fix 2020 Return

No, you do not need to fix anything as the IRS will reconcile your filed information based on what they have on file, which would be the payment that was sent out to you. Should they not catch it in time before processing, you still do not have to file an amended as you technically made no mistake/error/omission. They sent the check out to you either to the wrong address or far later than they stated they would. You followed all proper protocol. 

Fix 2020 Return

I still never received the email, that I was supposed to get today. 

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Fix 2020 Return

Please check your spam folder. If you are unable to locate the email please contact our customer support.

Follow the instructions in this TurboTax FAQ to contact Customer Support: What is the TurboTax phone number?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies