Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dr1981Lady
Returning Member

filing

I could not e file 2020 taxes because my AGI did not match 2019 AGI because IRS had no record of a processed tax return for 2019.  I e filed 2019 taxes with Turbotax. Does this mean they have received 2019 and just not processed?  I owed money in 2019 and chose to pay by credit card, after 2020 was rejected I checked and charge does not appear on credit card.  Will I be penalized for late payment?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

filing

Try using 0 (zero) for the 2019 AGI.

The IRS is indeed still backlogged processing 2019 returns. But was that submission Accepted?

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

filing

It sounds like you may not have completed the e-file process if the IRS has no record of your tax return and your credit card was never charged.

If you successfully e-filed with TurboTax, we would have sent an email (and text message, if you opted in) telling you that your tax return was transmitted and another message telling you that your tax return was accepted. You can check by looking at your online account.

1. Sign into TurboTax and click Tax Home on the left.
  2. Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents
  3. Click on 2019. If it does not say Accepted, then you either e-filed and was rejected or you never finished the process.

The IRS will probably charge penalty and interest. After you get the bill, you can call the IRS up and request First Time Penalty Abatement.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies