turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mark2985
Returning Member

Federal return was accepted 2-3-2020 it's now 3-12-2020 and says my refund is still processing how long should wait to call then

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Federal return was accepted 2-3-2020 it's now 3-12-2020 and says my refund is still processing how long should wait to call then

The IRS phone line are extremely busy and you should expect long hold times but if it has been over 21 days since your return was accepted you can call them. Please see these TurboTax FAQ's on why some tax return refunds may take a while to be released and what steps you can take:

If you decide to call the IRS here are some tips when contacting them: 1-800-829-1040:

• First choose your language. 
  • Then do not choose the first choice regarding REFUND, or it will send you to an automated phone line.
  • Instead, press 2 for personal income tax questions.
  • Then press 1 for form, tax history, or payment.  
  • Then press 3 for all other questions.
  • Then press 2 for all other questions to be transferred to an agent

Also this TurboTax FAQ lets you know what to have ready before you contact the IRS: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/irs/help/what-do-i-need-if-i-call-the-irs/00/27378

If you are anticipating a state tax return refund those processing times vary from state to state. To check on a state refund please visit your state Department of Revenue website.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
cwtx72
Returning Member

Mine was accepted 2/2/2020 and I still haven't gotten my return (4/27/2020), like yours it keeps telling me still being processed.  No one to call.  Up setting is some people have filed in March and have received there return.  Mine is just a 1040, or standard tax return. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies