Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

February return still not received.

@anthonyoverpeck TT cannot warn you, since it has no way of knowing how long the IRS and/or State are going to take. But there has been a lot of press lately about taxpayers (and not just TT customers) making errors when filing their returns.  And IRS staffing issues affect all taxpayers, regardless of which tax company they use.

Going forward, you can change your withholding so that you do not have wait for a refund at tax time.  Why give the government an interest-free loan all year?

If there are any errors on my return it most likely will be a direct result of TT software.   I have filed for 25 years and for the first 15 I did it by hand without the help of software or someone doing it for me.  Taxes are not that hard when you follow the questions.  I noticed some wording on tt software that may have caused a problem.  I also noticed that although on of the forms was available at irs.gov it was not sent into the mail until 1 week after I filed my return.  Not sure where the problem is but in my area nextdoor has posts regarding don't use turbo tax back in February I still filed because I bought the software and never had an issue in the past.  I now question their software.  I have however decided because I get a refund that I like in March that I will no longer over pay to the irs.  I have calculated out what I pay in and then shut it all off 4 months in so they have enough of my money for the whole year upfront and I should not get a penalty.  I honestly wonder if it's because we rejected and opted out of the upfront child tax credit because it looked like most of it would cause us a lesser return in February.   I think anyone that did that is getting penalized.

@kemo1a No one is being penalized for opting out of advance child tax credit payments.   If you opted out of the payments that were sent out between July and December, then you could receive the full amount of the same child tax credit as part of your refund when you prepared your 2021 return.   It would have shown up on line 28 of your Form 1040.   If you had any tax due, the CTC was used as a credit against the tax you owed.

You have not actually described or explained a problem with your 2021 return---so we do not know if you are having a problem or got a reduced refund.   It sounds like you are anticipating a problem that you want to blame the software for, even before your return has been processed, unless there are some details you have left out.

Did something happen with your refund?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

See original comment cannot get a representative at irs.  over 90 days since filed.  No update other then still in processing. I know 20 people that accepted tax credit return was given to them in 10 days.  10 People that opted out 90 plus days not return.  I don't believe in coincidence. 

danpooch

Also put mine in in February...still no refund and the same crap when you go to IRS website (working on it). And now Turbo tax wants to be paid for the free tax preparation...free free free bull**bleep**!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies