After you file

If there are any errors on my return it most likely will be a direct result of TT software.   I have filed for 25 years and for the first 15 I did it by hand without the help of software or someone doing it for me.  Taxes are not that hard when you follow the questions.  I noticed some wording on tt software that may have caused a problem.  I also noticed that although on of the forms was available at irs.gov it was not sent into the mail until 1 week after I filed my return.  Not sure where the problem is but in my area nextdoor has posts regarding don't use turbo tax back in February I still filed because I bought the software and never had an issue in the past.  I now question their software.  I have however decided because I get a refund that I like in March that I will no longer over pay to the irs.  I have calculated out what I pay in and then shut it all off 4 months in so they have enough of my money for the whole year upfront and I should not get a penalty.  I honestly wonder if it's because we rejected and opted out of the upfront child tax credit because it looked like most of it would cause us a lesser return in February.   I think anyone that did that is getting penalized.