turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Returning Member

entering W2C

Hi so I need to amend my 2021 return as there was an error in my original W2 as I moved during the year and my W2 income for my two states MA and CA were incorrect and had to be adjusted.  I received my W2C but there doesn't seem to be a place in an amended return to put a W2C.  I went into my state returns in TurboTax and put the adjusted income however, the W2C also adjusted the withholding for each state and i cannot find where to make that change in TurboTax. 


Any help would be appreciated.




2 Replies
Level 15
Level 15

entering W2C

The W-2c changes the original W-2. First undo the changes that you made in the state returns, or, if you are using the CD/Download TurboTax software, start your amended return over with a fresh copy of your original .tax2021 file. Then, to make the changes for the amended return, go to where the W-2 is entered in the federal section and replace the amounts from the original W-2 with the corrected amounts from the W-2c. The changes in the state amounts will flow to the state returns.


If you have further questions about entering your W-2c or amending your tax return, please tell us whether you are using TurboTax Online or the CD/Download TurboTax software.


entering W2C

once you opened your return to amend, you change the original w-2. if you'll be e-filing the amendment there is a box to check that says in effect this is a corrected w-2. if mailing attach state copies of the w-2c to the respective returns. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies