Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

walessj21

Does my state income tax go direct deposit also when I use turbo tax

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Even if you enter your Dir Dep info and you see the Dir Dep for the Federal return, it is not set up on the state return.
• This has been a long term glitch

• I have complained about this issue for over TEN YEARS NOW:

ISSUE
• You enter Dir Dep info during Easy Step for your Federal return.
• You are never asked if you want Dir Dep for your State return.
• OR
• Even if you made certain in the prior year that your TurboTax file had the correct settings and information so a state refund was refunded by Dir Dep, the settings and info for the state return ARE NOT imported into your new tax year file for state even though they ARE for federal.
• ALSO
• In Easy Step there is NOTHING to allow you to specify you desire Dir Dep for your State return
• This assumes you have a legitimate refund (if you owe, there will be no Dir Dep)
• THE 1040 Info Worksheet settings for THE SAME INFO are ALWAYS imported into the new tax year file.
• The 540 Info Worksheet settings ARE NEVER imported. The choice to have the Dirdep is not imported AND the bank settings are not imported.
• DISCLOSURE I only fill out returns involved with California, it is possible, based on some other user comments I read, some states do not allow Dir Dep refunds under certain conditions.

SOLUTION
• Leave Easy Step temporarily. Click on View / Forms
• Scroll down until you see <State> and the second form should be Info Worksheet, Click it once and the form will open to your right.
• Scroll down to PART VII, click the Yes to elect DirDep of state refund, then enter the Institution, Check/Sav, Routing Number, and Accounting number.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Even if you enter your Dir Dep info and you see the Dir Dep for the Federal return, it is not set up on the state return.
• This has been a long term glitch

• I have complained about this issue for over TEN YEARS NOW:

ISSUE
• You enter Dir Dep info during Easy Step for your Federal return.
• You are never asked if you want Dir Dep for your State return.
• OR
• Even if you made certain in the prior year that your TurboTax file had the correct settings and information so a state refund was refunded by Dir Dep, the settings and info for the state return ARE NOT imported into your new tax year file for state even though they ARE for federal.
• ALSO
• In Easy Step there is NOTHING to allow you to specify you desire Dir Dep for your State return
• This assumes you have a legitimate refund (if you owe, there will be no Dir Dep)
• THE 1040 Info Worksheet settings for THE SAME INFO are ALWAYS imported into the new tax year file.
• The 540 Info Worksheet settings ARE NEVER imported. The choice to have the Dirdep is not imported AND the bank settings are not imported.
• DISCLOSURE I only fill out returns involved with California, it is possible, based on some other user comments I read, some states do not allow Dir Dep refunds under certain conditions.

SOLUTION
• Leave Easy Step temporarily. Click on View / Forms
• Scroll down until you see <State> and the second form should be Info Worksheet, Click it once and the form will open to your right.
• Scroll down to PART VII, click the Yes to elect DirDep of state refund, then enter the Institution, Check/Sav, Routing Number, and Accounting number.

I got my federal refund back direct deposit.  Still haven't got my illinois state tax return back. I don't if it went out or not. I don't want it to go to [PII remove].  I want it to go to [PII remove]. Or direct deposit.  I don't know where it is

AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

Use the link for your state in the following TurboTax article to track your state refund:

How do I track my state refund?

@durbinrobm

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies