turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know how Instacart works? I have met the requirements to file but I haven’t received the paperwork.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Does anyone know how Instacart works? I have met the requirements to file but I haven’t received the paperwork.

Can you please clarify your question? What paperwork are you waiting on?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, so you’re suppose to receive a 1099 if you make more than $600 in the tax year. I have made more than $600. I have not received my 1099. 

Cynthiad66
Employee Tax Expert

You should receive your 1099-NEC by February first.  Due dates. Furnish Copy B of this form to the recipient by February 1, 2021.  You are the recipient and should give the employer until then before filing a complaint.

Form 1099-MISC or 1099-NEC reports money you earned doing work for a client or for a company as a non-employee. Think of it as the self-employed equivalent of Form W-2. If someone paid you more than $600 for non-employee work in 2020, they're required to send you a 1099-MISC or 1099-NEC.

Please note that you're required to report all self-employed income – including cash, check, and electronic payments – even if it's under $600 or you didn't get a 1099.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies