turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Direct Deposit Dates for People with Credits (EIC/ACTC)

You go to IRS.gov. I filed on turbo tax Jan. 27, but it took longer with IRS for the child tax credit this year. 

Federal was accepted on January 29th today is March 10 and i still have no status on when i will recieve my return. The bar on the irs website is still at accepted only with the tax topic message. I claimed eic and actc and i recieved an email from turbo tax for the balance of fees to pay as i chose option to pay with my return anyone else getting this email or is anyone still waiting for their refund this long.

I received this message to. As if I wasn't already freaking out. I checked my tax transcript and looks like everything is ok. I'm thinking hopefully when IRS updates by Friday or Saturday I will get my DD. I efiled January 27, 2020. On my transcript IRS didn't officially start working with mine until March 2, 2020. 🤞

Yes I filed on 2/1. After 5 calls to see what the delay was I find out I'm being audited.Now the assholes at turbo want to debit my account for my tax  prep. Have fun!! They got me audited and I can't get a live human on the phone and audit support is a bunch of bull**bleep**. 

Turbo tax will never have me as a customer again

Sounds like my case I'm being audited thanks to Turbo. Beware they'll want their money ey even if you are being audited. They want paid before you are

Same here accepted 1/29

No update & a bill from TT. 

I got a date of today and still haven’t gotten my deposit yet

Yep. Just got an email from TT also saying they were going to debit my bank account   This is crap because it’s TURBO TAX’s fault that I havent gotten my refund!! I was accepted 01/31 finally got a letter from IRS needing my form 8962.  I dont know why TT NEVER asked me to fill this form in like I’ve done for the last 5yrs! Anyway, I will instruct my bank to reject the payment going thru. Turbo Tax isn’t getting a dime from me until I get my refund. Period. 

@Cobia7671 I got the same thing and I call TT and all I was given was an "I am sorry about that". I'm like well can I get my money back? I paid for a service and it failed. I had to send in a 1095a with the 8962 which is causing a huge delay in me getting my money back, yes my money that I lent the government. But god forbid you owe IRS. They want their money NOW! I am beyond p*****. I want my money back from TT for a **bleep**ty service. 

Same here an I was told after we send the forms to them it can take up to 8 more weeks to get a refund thank a lot TT

grrrr

I got the same email from turbo tax...I think it's only fair that their fees should be delayed to...ive read alot of complaints on here about it....so if they charge your account for their fees, do they still get their fees debited from your return? How does that work?

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@vickyjenkins78  It is frustrating, many customers are experiencing this long delay for refunds with the IRS. Once the IRS Where’s My Federal Refund? site shows your refund was sent, if you used the "Pay with my Refund" option, Santa Barbara Tax Products Group receives your refund from the IRS and they will then take out the fee and send to your financial institution. 

Please see the link below for more information:

What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days? - TurboTax Support Video

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If that's the case, then why is turbo tax debiting my account for their fees because of the delay? Wouldn't that cause me to be double charged?

could be charged twice for sure but i don't think TT should even charge us at all since they caused the delay I will no longer use TT in the future after being a customer for about 20 years

I agree but Tt isn't the one demanding payment. It's the bank that funds their refunds is doing it.  TT basically said a [Profanity Removed] to me about it. Never again will I use this sorry service.

TT is the reason I am being audited and audit support is like asking a crack head to work. Totally useless. Soi have to spend more money for an attorney....thanks for nothing TT 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies