Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Did I do something wrong? My federal tax says it was approved on here2/16 but through irs website it says it’s still being processed. I have only received my state tax

Has anyone else had this problem? When I’ve done it here before I would get the money in a month.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Did I do something wrong? My federal tax says it was approved on here2/16 but through irs website it says it’s still being processed. I have only received my state tax

still processing after a month is a common issue. approval or accepted date? only the IRS can provide an approval date.  TT uses an estimate for the refund date once accepted.  after acceptance, It receives no update on the status of a refund. so only the IRS can provide that info

RayW7
Expert Alumni

Once your tax return is ACCEPTED, only the IRS can give you any status updates. 

If you return says 'still being processed', they are reviewing it (for a reason only the IRS knows) and it needs manual processing which is taking additional time due to the pandemic situation.

The IRS issues a lot of refunds within 21 days, but it has been taking longer with the stimulus payment being issued in addition to the tax refunds. 

IRS processing time and refund status 

The online link is your best option to track your refund.  I have attached a link with more answers from the IRS as to why your refund may be taking longer to process.

Federal refund questions

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies