turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Delay?

Is there a delay for some people to receive tax returns? I've been waiting a month for mine...I filed early too

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

16 Replies
AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

Delay?

Sometimes it does take a little bit of extra time for the IRS to process returns. The best way to keep up with any updates concerning your personal return will be to utilize the Where's My Refund? tool. Also, you can view this link for some frequently asked questions. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Delay?

I feel like you're aware that that tool is useless. It has been over 30 days. They never update it and the progress bar disappeared days after it was accepted but still being processed.

Delay?

Yeah, I have filed almost 2 months ago. Still have not received my refund. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Delay?

The IRS did not start accepting returns until Feb 12, 2021 (almost 30 days ago). 

Only the IRS can control the speed your return is processed. 

You can track your return using the Where's My Refund website here

You can also contact the IRS by  clicking here

Delay?

Look, I get that, I was just hoping there was some news I missed that would give me some hope.

AmyC
Employee Tax Expert

Delay?

If your refund included earned income credit, additional child tax credit, or stimulus, your refund is expected to be delayed. See Why is my IRS refund taking longer than 21 days?

Delay?

I got accepted Feb 13 and it went from the accepted with the 152 topic to still processing ur refund and a date will be provided when done. Basically.  I have gotten no email or mail from the irs and turbo tax keeps saying my refund is on its way and I have already gotten my 3rd stimulus.  So this don't make sense. It's been way over 21 days and I have direct deposit so they know my info.  I won't use turbo tax next year.  No one will give me answers!!!!!

Cynthiad66
Employee Tax Expert

Delay?

TurboTax does not issue refunds.  Once you prepare your return using TurboTax and send it to the IRS, all processing is done at the IRS.  We cannot access your return after it is sent to the IRS and the IRS does not keep us informed about your refunds.  It is a privacy violation.  Now the IRS will only deal with you.  So you must communicate with the IRS on your filed returns.

Your e-filed return is still in pending on the server because the IRS is currently accepting/rejecting/processing returns.  Sometimes it can take more than 48 hours to process. Only a few returns were accepted early in a test batch.  Everyone else has been waiting. Please see the TurboTax FAQ below for more information on pending returns:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/what-does-pending-mean/00/26331

Once your tax return has been submitted, the most up to date information will come from the IRS.

It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to update. Until the IRS starts processing it on their own, you may not find record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated accordingly. Continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund?  tool for updates. 

Please see below for more information on what accepted means:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/what-does-accepted-mean/00/26285

Per @ KatrinaLO

Delay?

@AmyC That was the answer I needed, thank you. I did use the rebate, but I need to change that because we received our stimulus via mail shortly after I submitted my refund.

Can I call the IRS and adjust it?

AmyC
Employee Tax Expert

Delay?

No @JakeBrake93 the IRS has not issued guidance. We expect that they are cross referencing within their system and will adjust it. It is not possible to change taxes over the phone. The IRS generally prefers to avoid amended returns when possible so it is believed that will be a last resort.

Delay?

Thank you! You've been the most helpful so far. I appreciate it. 🙂

dyork59

Delay?

I have the same issue> There is no way to reach a live person to find out what is the delay or progress

dyork59

Delay?

Why did they accept my before this date. My mom and dad sent theirs in Feb 5th and had theirs back in Feb13th. Why the delay on the others? IF that is try How long is the process going to take this yea. Last year I did not get my refund till December.

Delay?

If you got the stimulus payment AFTER you filed saying you didn't then all you can do is WAIT for the IRS to process and correct your return and issue the proper refund.  How long this will take is unknown as the IRS is severely backlogged.  

Check the IRS site a couple times a week until you see progress :   www.IRS.gov/refunds

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies