Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Credit karma is lyiers

I was under the impression that I would receive my direct deposit 5 days early my irs where’s my refund says that I been approved and the my deposit will be sent the 24 of this month and I still haven’t seen my direct deposit early I have called credit karma and they literally have no explaiton why would they lie like this my friend got his with credit karma Friday 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

38 Replies

Credit karma is lyiers

What made you think that Credit Karma would have your refund five days before the IRS issued it?   What did you see that said that?

Track your refund on Credit Karma after filing with TurboTax

Original Publication: Jan 27 2021 | Last Updated: Jan 27 2021

If you opened a new Credit Karma account or linked an existing one when filing your taxes with TurboTax, you can track your federal refund using your Credit Karma account. Your refund tracker should appear shortly after you file your federal tax return, log into your Credit Karma account to check it out!

The IRS issues most refunds in less than 21 days though some returns may take longer to process than others. Keep an eye on your refund tracker to see the status of your federal tax return.

When will I receive my federal tax refund?

The IRS issues most refunds in less than 21 days of accepting your return. It’s possible your refund may take longer. Once the IRS indicates they have issued your refund it may take a few days for the direct deposit to appear in your account.

If you are receiving your federal refund in your Credit Karma Money Spend account, funds are generally available on the day they are received. 

Learn more about when to expect your refund from the IRS Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions.

Why did I receive part of my refund in one of my accounts already, but not the other?

Different financial institutions may have different practices on the availability of directly deposited funds. If you are seeing a portion of your tax refund in one of your accounts already then this is a good sign that the rest of your refund should arrive soon. 

My refund is a different amount than I expected

If the IRS has adjusted your refund amount, you will receive a notice at the mailing address you provided on your tax return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Bob226
Returning Member

Credit karma is lyiers

I got fooled into this too.

They said Credit Karma would be fastest way to get your return... it's been well over 21 Days and NOTHING!

Credit karma is lyiers

21 days is not a promise from TurboTax or from the IRS. It is only an estimate.    Neither TurboTax nor credit karma controls when the IRS will issue your refund.  The IRS controls it.

First, check your e-file status to see if your return was accepted: 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

Once your federal return has been accepted by the IRS, only the IRS has any control.  TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS. Your ONLY source of information about your refund now is the IRS.

You need your filing status, your Social Security number and the exact amount  (line 35a of your 2021 Form 1040) of your federal refund to track your Federal refund:   

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

To track your state refund:    

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901548-why-do-some-refunds-take-longer-than-others

If you chose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund, that will take some extra time, while the third party bank handles the refund processing.

https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2840013-does-accepted-mean-my-refund-is-approved

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2724106-my-return-is-accepted-but-still-not-approved-is-there-a-pr...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Credit karma is lyiers

Credit karma has poor customer service, someone took my refund out of my account, I reported tried to dispute it and theyre not trying to give me my money back.  Not only arent they giving my money back I can't log into my own account. All they say is that they're going to escalate this to a higher manager. "(A manager or representative that can't speak on a phone? Only through email?)"  And is credit karma owned by [removed]? I feel like every trime I call it's the same guy. What can I do 

Credit karma is lyiers

They told I would receive my money 24 hours to 15 minutes… nothing show up .. they said I get paid 5 days early … nothing nothing.. got me thinking something wrong 😑 

Credit karma is lyiers

They told I would receive my money 24 hours to 15 minutes… nothing show up .. they said I get paid 5 days early … nothing nothing.. got me thinking something wrong 😑 

Nub2

Credit karma is lyiers

I got tricked into filing early with them too. I 100% understand that the irs has to process funds before distributing them but credit karma’s advertisement states that once the funds are accepted users whole file through them are eligible within 15 minutes. Very far from the truth and false advertisement, hopefully TurboTax will get enough complaints to discontinue whatever contract that they have with them. I’ll also be reporting them to BBB as I could have had the funds deposited within my checking account if I knew it was just a scheme of opening a card through them.

ThaChad

Credit karma is lyiers

First thing you can do is stop with the negative racist energy. That's just bad karma! 2nd thing is Actually read the fine print before you make assumptions.

Credit karma is lyiers

Please [removed abusive language] .. u irritating and we can complain all we want bye

Credit karma is lyiers

And who said something bout racist energy… u got yo money

Credit karma is lyiers

The website says (if you read it) that "5 days earlier" is not an option if either of the following apply: 

1. IRS didn't send your refund prior to the deposit date; 2. You elected to have TurboTax  fees taken from your return

Credit karma is lyiers

I

Screenshot_20230208-001506.png

Screenshot_20230208-001121.png

"No interest!"...and then a charge for the interest. Unbelievable. I think I may need to contact my Attorney General's office.

Credit karma is lyiers

*your

Judeson
Returning Member

Credit karma is lyiers

Did anyone of you receive your refund ? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies